California has once again been blessed with another steampunk convention, this time to be held in Emeryville, CA on March 12-14 as the "Nova Albion Steampunk Exhibition." This year's event promises to mix in much more of the DIY/maker flavor for a greater hands-on feel.
The Steampunk Exhibition will include the following attractions:
* Three days of immersion in a Steampunk world that Might-Have-Been!
* A Friday night Steampunk Ball and Girl Genius costume competition
* The provocative Museum of Curiosoties and an enormous Traders’ Concourse filled with crafts, clothing, books and all manner of Steampunk-related delights
* The Exploratory Steam and Kinetics Enclosure – a large outdoor yard featuring The Golden Mean Snail Art Car!
* Saturday night’s Party at the Center of the Earth featuring performances, DJs and dancing until Midnight
* The Card Room – A grand Victorian Games Parlour
* Miss Kalandar’s Social club for Adventurers, Intellectuals, and Like Minded Individuals
They will be offering three tracks of programming for the 2010 event:
* The Academic Track: Presentations From The Royal Pundit Society
* The Panel Track: Salon Discussion & Intellectual Debate Club
* Hands-on DIY Track: Maker’s Interactive Workshop & Evil Genius Activity Center
They will also have a Broadcast Center set aside for Bloggers and Podcasters – a sign-up sheet will be made available at the event.
For media information, please contact Mark Anderson: email@example.com or 415.683.0404