Time: August 22, 2010 from 1:30pm to 4pm
Location: Auckland Horticultural Society Building
Street: 990 Great North Road, Western Springs
City/Town: Auckland, New Zealand
Website or Map: http://www.artdeco.org
Phone: 479 7995
Event Type: art
Organized By: Art Deco Society (Auckland) Inc
Latest Activity: Aug 20, 2010
Auckland’s Art Deco Society invites you to an interactive exhibition of the elegant art and design of 1920s, ‘30s & ‘40s - for one afternoon only - at the Auckland Horticultural Building, 990 Great North Road, Western Springs (opp. Motions Road). Enjoy a wide variety of delightful displays and talks presented by the Society’s members, each of whom has a particular expertise in and passion for some aspect of Art Deco.
Among the ...attractions will be:
• interior design professional tells how to bring that Art Deco touch to your home, and where to find appropriate fabrics, wallpapers & accessories;
• photographic exhibition of Auckland’s Art Deco architecture and how the Society gets involved in heritage preservation issues;
• separate displays of original Art Deco pieces including:
elegant and witty china;
a selection from the country’s most extensive collection of green glass;
kitchenalia and recipe books;
men’s dress accessories;
glamorous vintage fashion;
• 1930 Chrysler car presented by its owner and restorer
• the Society’s library of magazines from Art Deco Societies around the world and original period publications, for you to browse.
Each display will be manned for the afternoon and Society members will be happy to answer your questions. So come along, and be bowled over by the variety and quality of this Art Deco expo, learn something new and enjoy a complimentary Devonshire Tea.
A short AGM will be held at 3.00pm followed by a Devonshire Tea.
Entry: Public - $5.00, Art Deco Society members – Free
For further information contact Margaret O’Meara on - 479 7995.