Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

All Discussions Tagged '1930s' (32)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"When Air Travel Was Totally Cool"

Interesting to see a Gawker article on this. Some great classic photos in this gallery. When Air Travel Was Totally Cool

Started by Clinton

6 Dec 14, 2017
Reply by Captain

Dieselpunk Dream cars now at Auction

Stumbled across the upcoming auction at Amelia Island this weekend. Attached are some examples of the cars on the catalog.  My favorite is…

Started by Jersey Jake

2 Mar 13, 2015
Reply by Tome Wilson

Elegance in the Age of Crisis: Stylish Clothing From the 1930s

It was the worst of times, it was the best dressed of times. It was the decade of the Great Depression and the rise of Hitler’s Germany. So…

Started by Tome Wilson

1 Feb 13, 2014
Reply by Loke Klingsor

Radio Dismuke Special New Year's Broadcast

SPECIAL NEW YEAR'S BROADCAST - Radio Dismuke will ring in the New Year in all four continental United States time zones with our eighth ann…

Started by Larry

0 Dec 25, 2012

Retro "Diesel" Projects for the Kids

Hi there! Been a while since I posted here.  I haven't been doing a lot for myself lately but I have been sewing for youngin's. One was a 1…

Started by Lady Katza

2 Jul 6, 2012
Reply by Larry

They were playing "Flying Down to Rio" in the lobby this morning

Walked into the office today to see the end of Flying Down to Rio being played on Comcast's 996 x 300 inch HDTV. It was surreal to say the…

Started by Tome Wilson

9 May 17, 2012
Reply by Tome Wilson

1938 Radio News

Inspired by Scott's great posting, here's an archive of radio news broadcasts from 1938. I learned of the link from a post on Facebook.

Started by Larry

0 May 13, 2012

Paper Lanterns and Neon Lights: Postcards from Shanghai

Dieselpunk Encyclopedia is proud to present a new gallery inspired by one of our discussions: 32 black-and-white photographs of 1930s Shang…

Started by lord_k

0 Apr 18, 2012

Streamline is Dieselpunk

As you may have noticed, streamline is one of our most popular topics. Even before we started Dieselpunk Encyclopedia I knew that an articl…

Started by lord_k

1 Mar 8, 2012
Reply by Dan G.

Weegee in the Naked City

I do enjoy a good Film Noir on a Sunday afternoon. I was watching the movie The Naked City (again) and I remember not long ago talking to a…

Started by Elvisrocks59

6 Feb 13, 2012
Reply by Mim McDonald

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by