Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

All Discussions Tagged '1940s' (25)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

"When Air Travel Was Totally Cool"

Interesting to see a Gawker article on this. Some great classic photos in this gallery. When Air Travel Was Totally Cool

Started by Clinton

6 Dec 14, 2017
Reply by Captain

My Film Noir April

Hi everyone ^_^ Just wanted to mention that I'm partecipating in the AtoZ Blogging Challenge, blogging every day of April about a choosen t…

Started by JazzFeathers

0 Apr 4, 2017

Singapore's 1940s teenage weightlifting beauty queen

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-33750637 A nice BBC summary of a popular news item in Singapore.

Started by Aaron B. Daniels

2 Aug 9, 2015
Reply by Tome Wilson

Dieselpunk Dream cars now at Auction

Stumbled across the upcoming auction at Amelia Island this weekend. Attached are some examples of the cars on the catalog.  My favorite is…

Started by Jersey Jake

2 Mar 13, 2015
Reply by Tome Wilson

X Company TV Series set in WWII, Full episodes now streaming

For those who haven't heard, CBC is airing a new series set in WWII. The storyline is loosely based on operations at CAMP X run by the the…

Started by Jersey Jake

7 Mar 13, 2015
Reply by Jersey Jake

Benedict Cumberbatch, Sir Patrick Stewart, and Toby Jones read the BBC's D-Day news bulletins.

Actor Benedict Cumberbatch has recorded the BBC's 8am news bulletin from D-Day, using the original radio news script from 6 June, 1944. The…

Started by Tome Wilson

2 Jun 9, 2014
Reply by Brendan Leber

RAF Plane Found

I just saw this cool news article where an RAF plane from WWII has been found in the desert. Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world ne…

Started by Larry

3 May 12, 2012
Reply by Tuxedo Cat Sings!

Red Dieselpunk All-stars

Well, let's star the competition! To all who are interested - please be so kind to name your personal favourite project, mentioned in "Red…

Started by Komissar Hass

4 May 3, 2012
Reply by Komissar Hass

Diesel Era History and Today's News

Most in the States, and I suspect many around the world, know of the controversy surrounding the shooting death of an unarmed black teenage…

Started by Larry

0 Apr 8, 2012

The Battle of Athens

Here's a clip from the made for television movie of what's been called The Battle of Athens. Though this event has been heavily politicized…

Started by Larry

0 Mar 13, 2012

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service