Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

All Discussions Tagged 'WWII' (23)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Photographs Document Some of the First Black Women to Serve With the U.S. Navy

Photographs document some of the first black women to serve with the US Navy Source: Smithsonian Magazine

Started by Aaron B. Daniels

0 Feb 8, 2016

Benedict Cumberbatch, Sir Patrick Stewart, and Toby Jones read the BBC's D-Day news bulletins.

Actor Benedict Cumberbatch has recorded the BBC's 8am news bulletin from D-Day, using the original radio news script from 6 June, 1944. The…

Started by Tome Wilson

2 Jun 9, 2014
Reply by Brendan Leber

WWII Weekend in Reading, Pennsylvania (June 6 - 8)

Will anyone else from the community be at the WWII Weekend in Reading, Pennsylvania on Saturday? The website is a flaming mess, but the sch…

Started by Tome Wilson

0 Jun 5, 2014

Rebuilding the past

This abandoned Nazi bunker, a stronghold equipped with anti-aircraft turrets in an impenetrable concrete envelope is now a solar power stat…

Started by Tome Wilson

2 Feb 11, 2014
Reply by Dan G.

Rocket and Jet Aircraft of the Third Reich

Naval & Military Press are having a sale, which includes: Rocket and Jet Aircraft of the Third Reich £5 plus shipping. Not really my pa…

Started by Stuart

2 Feb 1, 2014
Reply by Dan G.

Werewolves hunt Nazis in "The Wolf’s Hour"

Deadline reports that Universal Pictures has acquired the Robert McCammon novel The Wolf’s Hour for Chris Morgan and Emile Gladstone to pro…

Started by Tome Wilson

6 Feb 1, 2014
Reply by Dan G.

World War II’s Strangest Battle: When Americans and Germans Fought Together

Did this actually happen?  It's difficult to corroborate the story. Days after Hitler’s suicide a group of American soldiers, French prison…

Started by Tome Wilson

3 Jan 11, 2014
Reply by Dacia Jesseman Ferris

Has anyone read Peter Panzerfaust yet?

Has anyone read Peter Panzerfaust yet?  It looks like the BBC is interested in turning it into a TV show.  The news is a little old, but I…

Started by Tome Wilson

6 Feb 28, 2013
Reply by John Pyka

Harley Davidson the Rice Burner

I have always found Military motorbikes of interest,and one of the strangest dealings during the early 1930s was with the American Harley D…

Started by Elvisrocks59

6 Dec 22, 2012
Reply by Dan G.

Last chance to help fund Axle- Our Dieselpunk platformer game with an original electroswing soundtrack!

Hi everyone!I'm the art director of a mobile game called "Axle", a unique platform game that takes place inside the clockwork of WWII era m…

Started by AxleTheGame

0 Nov 18, 2012

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service