Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

All Discussions Tagged 'history' (14)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Jazz Age as a challenge

Hi everyone! I'm taking part to the #AtoZChallenge this April and I thought I'd share.  The AtoZ Challenge takes place over the entire mont…

Started by JazzFeathers

6 Apr 10, 2016
Reply by JazzFeathers

What about the Timeline?

Hi there Dieselpeople! I am a great fan of both Steampunk and Dieselpunk; in my country (Italy) I'm trying to promote our beautiful culture…

Started by Miss Lenore Arcangelo Mellotron

26 Jan 23, 2013
Reply by Cap'n Tony

Paleofuture Blog at Smithsonian Mag - A History of the Future That Never Was

Paleofuture Blog at Smithsonian Mag Many of you are probably already familiar with this site but I thought that I would post about it just…

Started by Tuxedo Cat Sings!

11 May 18, 2012
Reply by Larry

Dieselpunk and the "Green Thing"

This has been floating around Facebook recently and it made me think about how well the knowledge of history that's so much of Dieselpunk t…

Started by Larry

4 Jan 20, 2012
Reply by david bradley

The History of Halloween

The History of Halloween By Kaye Nemec Although Halloween has religious roots in Celtic, Roman and Catholic celebrations, it became a more…

Started by Tome Wilson

3 Oct 20, 2010
Reply by Lawren H.B.

Australia at War

A worthy set of photographs from Australian War Memorial Collection: Some pictures are related to Korean and Vietnam wars, but the most tel…

Started by lord_k

0 Oct 17, 2010

Ribbentrop's Watch

In 1985 British screenwriter Laurence Marks was given a Hollywood mansion, wrote comedy for Paramount Studios, drove a red convertible, and…

Started by lord_k

3 Oct 6, 2010
Reply by Jonny B. Goode

Looking Into The Past

Came across a set @ Flickr that can be easily incorporated into our genre: old photographs of the Cincinnati Union Terminal (1931-1933) com…

Started by lord_k

3 Aug 6, 2010
Reply by Pilsner Panther

Dieselpunk Politics

I know it's a toxic subject but I've posted to my blog on the possibility of developing a set of criteria where certain political theories…

Started by Larry

25 Jul 10, 2010
Reply by Larry

The Airship President

Rather naive but lovely and detailed alternate (hi)story of Germany under Dr. Hugo Eckener, elected Reichspräsident in 1932. Real Eckener w…

Started by lord_k

2 May 13, 2010
Reply by Cap'n Tony

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by