Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

I really like the logo for Athena's exhibition. It has a great Art Deco look. I recall Tome posting something in the past and I don't recall if this was the image.
http://www.dieselpunks.org/profiles/blogs/last-call-for-entries

I was wondering if maybe we shouldn't use it on the front instead of the current. Dont' get me wrong the one already used is really cool. But the new one really seems to declare Dieselpunk and it might declare to the world that we've grown to a being more than just late steampunk or a steampunk derivative as some say.

What do others think?

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I slid that image into the post mainly for Facebook's sake. When you share an article on Facebook, it likes to grab an image from the site. Curiously, it usually grabs Tom's "Captain Spectre" button for some reason. That's why I slipped our alternative logo in there for our Facebook friends.
I understand. Maybe I wasn't clear. I was still pretty doped up on Benadryl when I posted this earlier today. :)

What I'm proposing here is that this might be a good logo for the front page of dieselpunk.org instead of the current dp in a gear. I really like this one for many reasons. One reason is that I think it describes "dieselpunk" just on a glance. And that's something that makes for a good product logo.

Tome Wilson said:
I slid that image into the post mainly for Facebook's sake. When you share an article on Facebook, it likes to grab an image from the site. Curiously, it usually grabs Tom's "Captain Spectre" button for some reason. That's why I slipped our alternative logo in there for our Facebook friends.
I like it too. And the gear .... well not that there aren't gears in dieselpunk, but the steampunk crowd claims the "gear" motif as one of their defining features, and we might want to differentiate ourselves from that a bit more. As Larry says, a lot of people just consider us a steampunk derivative.
I noticed that the dieselpunk mug is no longer available. What if as part of promotion of the site, and the dieselpunk in general. we start selling promotional stuff through Zazzle? I noticed Retropolis uses it. This logo would make for a great mug. Can't you see this on a t-shirt or better yet a polo shirt? Maybe a baseball hat? It could be changed a little to give the url.

If so it could 1) serve as advertisement, and 2) bring in revenue to help Tome with the expense of the site.
What about the logo in a fedora?

Larry said:
I noticed that the dieselpunk mug is no longer available. What if as part of promotion of the site, and the dieselpunk in general. we start selling promotional stuff through Zazzle? I noticed Retropolis uses it. This logo would make for a great mug. Can't you see this on a t-shirt or better yet a polo shirt? Maybe a baseball hat? It could be changed a little to give the url.

If so it could 1) serve as advertisement, and 2) bring in revenue to help Tome with the expense of the site.
Hmmm, interesting thought.

Hayen Mill said:

Larry said:

Perhaps that logo on the face of a business card, that one could put into the brim of a fedora like a press badge...

Hayen Mill said:

Larry said:

This is easy to do and inexpensive. Office Depot offers a good value where you can design your own and they will ship it.

Jonny B. Goode said:
Perhaps that logo on the face of a business card, that one could put into the brim of a fedora like a press badge...

Hayen Mill said:

Larry said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service