Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

to me.

I'm Travis, a teacher/writer/professional wrestling promoter (yes, it's true) in Southern California. I joined a few days back, but haven't had a chance to hop on and introduce myself yet.

My diesel-y background is this.  As a kid, in the late-1980's and early-1990's, I loved the film versions of Dick Tracy, The Rocketeer, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, The Shadow, The Mask, Dark City, Batman, etc. Then as a teen, I loved the neo-swing thing that happened for a couple years.  You know, The Squirrel Nut Zippers, Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, Cherry Poppin' Daddies, etc.

As a young adult, I usually dress in vintage clothes, fedoras, trenchcoats, etc.

I never realized, until recently, that all these things really went together quite well.  I thought I was unique in my tastes.  I enjoyed steampunk for a while, but it didn't quite "fit."  I came across the Gatehouse Gazette a while back and finally saw what I'd been looking for - a term that identified a "subculture" of like-minded individuals.

Once I had that word "dieselpunk," I quickly found myself here.  I've been lurking for a while and have decided to join in.

So I'm glad to "meet" you all and I hope this will be a good thing for everyone.

Thanks,

TJL

Views: 22

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome aboard, TJL!  Yours is a story we hear a lot around here...the "I didn't know there were others of like mindstes" part, not so much the wresting promoter part. ;-)

Take a look around and you'll find plenty to burn a few hours as well as a chance to talk Diesel, whether you're into the look, the history, the machines, or the philosophies.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Special Thanks

Diesel City
Patti Smith
VNV Nation - Ronan Harris

Comrades in Arms

Dieselpunk Industries
Radio Metronomik dieselpunk podcast
Constitutionens Voktere