Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Announcing the Dieselpunk ePulp Showcase 2.

To all interested parties.

With the success of the Dieselpunk ePulp showcase it was inevitable that we make a second ebook. So now I'm officially announcing the start of DPES 2!

This announcement comes six months in advance, so I hope that gives everyone who wants in plenty of time to craft their story. If we can start collecting the stories around thanksgiving, we can publish sometime in December.

For those of you unfamiliar with the first project it's basically a group publishing / marketing experiment and anyone who wants to participle is welcome. Once it's done it will be available for free on just about every ebookstore imaginable.

The DPES1 went so smoothly we're going to approach DPES2 the same way.

Just like before i don't want to get bogged down by overcomplicated rules, but here is a framework to operate within. (For those of you who participated the first time it's basically the same drill). Ready?

** Dieselpunk ePulp Showcase 2 submission guidelines.

1 your story should be something diesel, but the individual writer gets to decides what the phrase means to them.
2 stories should be somewhere be between 4000 and 8000 words.
3 poetry is welcome
4 whatever you create, it should be complete/self-contained/stand-alone idea.
5 you are responsible for having your own work edited.
6 the individual is responsible for their own copyrights.
7 it has to be original material (as in, it can't be a Shadow reprint or a story featuring batman)
8 the stories will be put in random order in the final anthology.
9 text only
10 use your existing characters in these short stories if you want to.
11 the final will only be an ebook.
12 stories should be in English.

** What are the terms?

once the ebook is live you can't pull your stuff out, but you can publish your material wherever else you want, since you are the copyright holder.

** what is John Picha willing to put in?

- the ISBN
- the Cover
- at least one story
- make all the epub, mobi and pdf files
- publish the final on every ebookstore I have access to.
- keep everything as simple and as un-sticky as possible.
- try and wrangle another intro out of tome. ha ha.
- answer any questions as they arise.

** What are the goals?

This experiment can be for fun, but it's also a promotional space for existing series as well a tool to build dieselpunk awareness.

After each story the writer can have a promo-space to direct others to more of their work something like... "be sure to look for more "adventures of "X" on your favorite eBookstore."

I'm not too worried about making a lot of rules for this part, just think of it as an ad for yourself, just don't make to too long. ha ha.

** wrapping up

basically i hope making the DPES2 is fun a learning experience for everyone who wants to participate. At the end I'm sure we'll have an anthology we can all be proud of. I know that's what happened last time.

** How do we get started?

- If you're interested just let us know, then start writing.
- Whoever writes something that meet the guideline is in.
- There is no approval process.
- It's not a contest it's an experiment.
- Every time we need an unbiased choice I'll roll a six sided dice to decide.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Ladies and gentlemen start your typing.

John

Views: 1391

Replies to This Discussion

I'll have my bio in soon.

John, am I too late to make a last minute addition to my bio for the Rocket Molly Syndicate? If not, could you please add that my blog is http://irontriceratopsproject.blogspot.com/  I forgot to add that on the bio I sent you.

On board.  Looking forward to the journey.

John Taylor 

" please add that my blog http://irontriceratopsproject.blogspot.com/"

no problem. 

john

DPES2 status

i think most of your know this, but just incase, we're trying something a little different on the DPES2. we have a bigger team this time and the support it's been offering one another is terrific. all of the stories in the DPES2 are going through a feedback cycle with our resident editing powerhouses. the goal is to all catch the things we all miss in our own work. so far, it's been incredibly helpful to all of us. the only downside is that the DPES2 is now about 300 pages long, so it's taking a while to plow through, but it's time well spent.

as a side note, no has found an error in "World of Mañana: Storming Shangri-La"…yet.

john

Booyah!

"Cap'n Tony said: Booyah!"

Maybe we can come up with something like a reverse "Marvel No-Prize" for you. ha ha.

john

DPES2 team,

a gentle reminder...

we still need those brief-story-blurbs, from a few of you. the goal here is capture your stories essence as quick as possible. we will use them for our promotional purposes. here are some examples...

--

It's class-warfare in Citadel City as Pandora Driver and her Car-of-Tomorrow cruise the streets in search of one good cop in "Ready Fire Aim" 

Witness the otherworldly genesis of Wild Marjoram in the bowels of an underground speakeasy enclosed by the slums of Chicagoland as the violence of the all-female Killdeer Gang hovers to a vigilante-inspired fever pitch in "The Birth."

In a prohibition era America where flight is power and fascist G-men rule the skies, one rogue pilot will risk her life for her family's future. Her contract: to bring down a gang stone cold killers that raid on rocket packs. 

In the twisted timeline of Darkness Eternal, World War II has dragged on into 1958. One Australian airship officer looks for a safe harbor before all the lights go out "Over the South China Sea."

--

if anyone needs help crafting one, just let me know. otherwise, just email it to me when you're done.

john

Hiya DPES2 authors~

I'm very excited about this project, looking forward to the eBook. Thanks again, John P.

In addition to writing, I have been working on a podcast called Coffee Contrails. 

To accompany the eBook, I was thinking it might be nice to also promote our work with audio recordings, readings of the stories.

If you would like your story read by one of the Coffee Contrails voice actors/actresses and posted to the Coffee Contrails podcast, please feel free to get in touch with me at anita.dime@flatcar6studios.com by Jan. 31st. I'd like to schedule recording sessions the first week of Feb.

This may also lead to interviewing authors, if interested.

To listen to Coffee Contrails, please subscribe at iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/coffee-contrails/id672547706?mt=2

To support, please like at

https://www.facebook.com/CoffeeContrails?ref=hl

twitter: @CoffeeContrails 

Take it easy~

Anita

anita,

thanks for the generous, and unique promotional opportunity. you can count me, and Pandora Driver, in.

are you interested in entire story stories from the DPES2, or are you looking for excerpts?

what level of traffic is the Coffee Contrails currently getting?

(for those of you who may not know, Anita has been invaluable in prepping the DPES2, from behind the scenes.)

john

Heya John~

Cool:) I enjoyed reading Pandora Driver.

I was thinking of reading the entire stories, but if the group would like to do teasers ("for the rest of the story, download the DPES2 eBook...") instead. I'm up for either one. Main goal is to compliment the eBook.

Coffee Contrails is just getting started. With little to no advertising the page averages ~150 hits a day. Three radio plays and one author interview have been released with over 150 min. of content in post production. We've had 490 downloads since June.

Unfortunately, had a lull in activity from Sept - Dec due to computer crash:( Which stalled momentum in getting the word out.

With 2014, we're getting back on track and look forward to releasing many more radio plays and stories.

If you contact me, please indicate:

1)  your preference about the reading: entirety or excerpt; I'll tally them up and inform the group. (shrug?)

2) whether you'd like a male or female voice reading

Thanks!

~anita

Anita,

I think it's a great idea.  Sure, you can read an excerpt or the entire story of "Ace Rango  Bed Time Stories are So Boring." A female reading voice might work best for this story. 

Joe Cepeda

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2020   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service