Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Benedict Cumberbatch, Sir Patrick Stewart, and Toby Jones read the BBC's D-Day news bulletins.

Actor Benedict Cumberbatch has recorded the BBC's 8am news bulletin from D-Day, using the original radio news script from 6 June, 1944.

The bulletin, which will be broadcast on BBC Radio 4's Today programme on Friday, is one of a number of news bulletins that have been re-recorded to mark the 70th anniversary of the Allied landings in Normandy.

You can listen to more of the BBC's bulletin's from D-Day and the days following it on the BBC Radio 4 D-Day Reports page.

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Interesting.

These will be interesting to hear.  Not long ago I visited the Museum of Flight in Seattle and they have an exhibit about the technology of flight through times of war, WWI and WWII mostly.  Along with the planes and uniforms there were stations that played music and radio shows of the day.  I was able to listen to a speech from Churchill declaring war with Germany and a broadcast of Lord Haw Haw.  I will have to listen to see how the modern folks do with the words. :)

B

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service