Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Salutations Dieselpunks and others!

Any suggestions for quintessential dieselpunk novels of the past 20 years? 

Merci,

~The Cassettes

Views: 355

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

While not purely steampunk or dieselpunk,  Kim Stanley Robinson's "The Years of Rice and Salt"  has some very multicultural steampunk and possibly dieslepunk (haven't gotten that far in the book yet) elements.   This is an alt world history where 90 % of European population is wiped out by the plague, leaving the Chinese, Islamic world, South India, and to a lesser extent southern Africa and Americas to expand, modernize and even get into armed conflict with each other.   The scientific method and industrial revolution starts in Afghanistan,   India trades places Britain as the main steam using sea power.   They attack Ottoman Constantinople with cannon laden steam ships and balloon/ airships for example.  Its a VERY DIFFERENT read!!!
Sounds great! I will definitely check it out. I just sent a sample to my reading device created by an ancient yet technologically advanced civilization from the Amazon. ;)

Twizard said:
While not purely steampunk or dieselpunk,  Kim Stanley Robinson's "The Years of Rice and Salt"  has some very multicultural steampunk and possibly dieslepunk (haven't gotten that far in the book yet) elements.   This is an alt world history where 90 % of European population is wiped out by the plague, leaving the Chinese, Islamic world, South India, and to a lesser extent southern Africa and Americas to expand, modernize and even get into armed conflict with each other.   The scientific method and industrial revolution starts in Afghanistan,   India trades places Britain as the main steam using sea power.   They attack Ottoman Constantinople with cannon laden steam ships and balloon/ airships for example.  Its a VERY DIFFERENT read!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service