Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

hello everyone,

I have seen a number of amazing computer mods for Steampunk but only a few for dieselpunk.

So I have decided that the next desktop I have will be 1) home built and 2) diesel punk modded 

but before i decide on a particular design - I wanted to turn to the community and ask what aesthetics do you see necessary for a dieselpunk desktop computer mod?

Feel free to post pictures, links etc...

I think this will be one hell of a fun project!

Doc

Views: 711

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I mainly see brushed stainless steel, with physical toggles and knobs on it. It could have some subtle art deco lines to it, and a nice winged plate on it with the brand name. I'm thinking the inside of a cockpit as inspiration. 

Good luck, and I'll be interested, no matter which way you go!

Another option is a more Ottensian look: look to Art Deco, Streamline Moderne, the designs of Frank Lloyd Wright and Normal Bel Geddes, and the like.  Check out their use of lines and mathmatics (curves and parabolas) to create a sleek, pure, and dynamic, moving appearance.

Thank you gentleman for your feedback...:-) 

I love the art deco style - have been thinking about a puter that could sit in  BBC Hercules Poirot's office - but I also like the idea of the cockpit... much to think on...

Vacuum tubes and dials  -  and probably bakelite (or something similar looking).

There is always the mighty Datamancer for inspiriation:

Also, this is worth scoping out: The DECOmputer

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

That DECOmputer is amazing work! I'm awed by people with that kind of craftsmanship.

Joe May said:

There is always the mighty Datamancer for inspiriation:

Also, this is worth scoping out: The DECOmputer

Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service