Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Dieselpunk events at The Steampunk World's Fair (May 20 - 22)

It's official.  I'll be running a dieselpunk track of entertainment at The Steampunk World's Fair in Piscataway, NJ (North Jersey, really close to New Brunswick and NYC) on May 20th - 22nd.

Friday night

I'll be spinning a hot mix of swing, big band, and dieselpunk tunes at the Hidden Speakeasy.  This is an open-bar ticketed event, but it's already sold out.  If you grabbed a ticket already, make sure to bring your dancing shoes.

Saturday

I'm hosting an hour-long event called What the Pulp is Dieselpunk.  It will be a multimedia presentation discussing what dieselpunk is, where it came from, and where it's headed.  Expect plenty of movies, photos, and music to be on display.

After the presentation, I'm opening the floor for an hour long Dieselpunk Greet & Swap Meet.  It's a chance for us to hang out, listen to some tunes, and trade those little dieselpunk baubles or fashion bits we can't use anymore (for example, I have a pair of WWI spats that are way too small for my boots. I'd rather they go to a good home than sit in my garage.).

Also on Saturday is the Propaganda Rally for Dr. Steel's Army of Toy Soldiers.  I'll be showing the propaganda DVD, playing some tunes by the good doctor, and getting everyone gathered for a group photo shoot.

Sunday

If all goes well, we're having a How to Take Over the World In Style event, where we'll be showcasing the pulp villainy of our guests with mini-contests like "Best Maniacal Laugh," "Best Elevator Pitch for Conquering Earth," and "Best Death Ray."

When I'm not playing host, I'll be out on the floors having fun.  As a martial artist, I'm interested in the Bartitsu workshop, and the music & antics of Emperor Norton's Stationary Marching Band can't be missed.

Add the fact that we're expecting about 4,000 - 5,000 people and the event locale is gigantic compared to last year, and I guarantee a good time will be had by those who want to have it.

Event and Ticket Information

To learn about the other performers and to grab your tickets, visit www.steampunkworldsfair.com.  Online registration closes on May 11th, so get your tickets now if you want the discounted price.

Views: 778

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Piscataway's a little bit far away from north Italy :(

Steampunk world fair... would be sooooooo nice

Cool! I wish I could be there.
Getting close to our own dieselpunk convention, wouldn't you say?

I agree. My wife are giving a panel on Dieselpunk in June at a Steampunk convention. Plus, I've already bought a table and signed up to give two panels a day at next year's All-Con 2012 in Dallas.

I'm starting to get a feel that the momentum is growing. It's starting to get exciting.

Maybe we should compare notes.  How are the panels usually structured?

At mine the panelists (my wife and I) have only 45 minutes. In June luckily we'll have access to audio-visual display. So, I'm going to show my art showcase video and some power points. My power points will be one on what is Dieselpunk and one other lifestyle, which will center on music, movies, fashion, etc.... The emphasis will be on presenting it with audio and visual and not just words. My wife and I will dress in full Dieselpunk and I plan to take my Dieselpunk modified foam dart gun. Of course, plenty of handouts to take with them.

I plan to video tape the panel. If so I'll upload it here.

Holy Zeppelins, how I'd like to join you at this event!! Please upload if you can, I think it's time for dieselpunks to show up to the world :)

Waiting for an Italian *serious* event...

Larry said:

At mine the panelists (my wife and I) have only 45 minutes. In June luckily we'll have access to audio-visual display. So, I'm going to show my art showcase video and some power points. My power points will be one on what is Dieselpunk and one other lifestyle, which will center on music, movies, fashion, etc.... The emphasis will be on presenting it with audio and visual and not just words. My wife and I will dress in full Dieselpunk and I plan to take my Dieselpunk modified foam dart gun. Of course, plenty of handouts to take with them.

I plan to video tape the panel. If so I'll upload it here.

I just found out they scheduled my panel during the Q&A session of a major local band. This band was recently rated in the top ten bands of the area. I'll be surprised if I get a single attendant to my panel.
:(
Good news. After I complained with the staff, the band's Q&A session was moved to a different time slot. So it looking better again.

Tome, great meeting you at SPWF!  Here's to meeting up at more "olde-time" stuff over the coming months.  Are you going to the Antagonistics workshop in NYC in July?

Cheers.

Bob

Hi Bob,

I haven't heard of the "Antagonistics workshop."  What can you tell us about it?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service