Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

For some reason I don't see where I posted about the recent work I've done on the Wikipedia project. I've written a sub-page that I need everyone who's interested to review and give me feedback on.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Larry442010/Dieselpunk

I need feedback such as grammar and spelling, facts (such as dates and names), and references. The biggest concern I have are having references. I can't just say something and reference a conversation posted here or at the Smoking Lounge. Dieselpunk has a reputation for not being "notable." There are gaps in the article that I really need to be able to fill if possible.

Be aware I may not use all feedback is given. I do have to decide what fits and what doesn't. If your suggestion isn't used then if Wiki allows it to be posted then you can register and go into and edit like anyone else can.

You will see an example image on the right of the page. Stefan has been so kind as to agree at my request to make one of his fantastic creations to insert there.

Please, I need feedback. After everyone has looked it over and I've made whatever changes are needed then I will send it to the Wiki staff.  

Views: 612

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Jonny.

On the issue of references. I think we have what we have. I can show them whole pages with few references and no disclaimers. Which brings up a compromise if they insist. I would be willing to accept it if they would post it and then place a disclaimer at the top of the need for more citations. There are many pages like that. It's that's not enough and still say "no" then, well, that's just the way it goes.

One last question before I submit it. Should I dump the Subculture section altogether? I've become convinced that we should. Please, everyone interested, give me your thoughts.
Since we don't organize very often outside of this website and The Gatehouse, I don't think we have enough proof for a subculture on Wiki.
I've changed a number of the references (down to "dieselpunk fiction") to make them Wikipedia compliant, fixed the references section, and went through and de-hotlinked a number of wiki words (stylistically you should only hotlink the first instance of a term), made a few other minor edits. Will work on more of the references as time permits...
I'm thinking it might get cut... but you might keep it and see what happens in the review phase. It might stick around and just get majorly edited.

Larry said:
Thanks, Jonny.

On the issue of references. I think we have what we have. I can show them whole pages with few references and no disclaimers. Which brings up a compromise if they insist. I would be willing to accept it if they would post it and then place a disclaimer at the top of the need for more citations. There are many pages like that. It's that's not enough and still say "no" then, well, that's just the way it goes.

One last question before I submit it. Should I dump the Subculture section altogether? I've become convinced that we should. Please, everyone interested, give me your thoughts.
The last paragraph of Dieselpunk as a Subculture needs to be rewritten... I've gone through and changed a LOT of the references to make them wikipedia-correct, according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:CIT, and got rid of some redundant references. Someone else want to take another run-through of it and see what they think now...
Added an important section, "Dieselpunk and the gaming industry." Needs referencing though...
The opening sentence is a little clunky. WWII is assumed, so it can be shaved down to "combines the aesthetics of the interbellum period through the early 1950s..."

Under "The Diesel Era," I don't feel it necessary to call The Gatehouse a website, as it spans into print as well. Also, the trailing comma after "and 'decadence')" can be removed.

According the web site The Gatehouse, decodence (likely a portmanteau of "deco" and "decadence"), "...

Without the subthought, it reads "According the The Gatehouse, decodence, 'embraces the styles...'"
Folks, I think this is as good as it's going to get.

Thanks to everyone who gave your feedback here. Plus, I believe we all owe a special thank you to Tome, Jonny, and Stefan. Without the three of them this could not have happened.

What I found was that the way Wiki is set up is that there already was a page titled "Dieselpunk" but it simply redirected to the Cyberpunk Derivative paragraph on it. This may be considered a no-no, and fecal matter may hit the exhaust vent for it, but I simply edited the "Dieselpunk" page by removing the redirect and uploaded our work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieselpunk

Cross your fingers, light a candle, pray to any deity you believe in if you have one, kill a chicken... whatever. Let's just hope the diesel gods are with us on this.
"Tannhauser" and "Dust" can be added to "Dieselpunk and the Gaming Industry" whenever.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite.asp?eidm=28

http://www.dustgame.com/
I started the talk page for it.

Hopefully the admins will be supportive and make constructive edits, and not want to speedily delete it.

...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :p
Sorry, Jobu will have to settle for a bucket of fried chicken.

Larry said:
kill a chicken...
I looked in and saw you had worked on it. Which is great. Because I think I'm at an intellectual dead end on it.

The History page shows it's been real busy with editors looking at it. I noticed there's a citation alert over music section. If anyone has any sources we need them.

Hey, another fan of Major League. :)

Jonny B. Goode said:
Sorry, Jobu will have to settle for a bucket of fried chicken.
Larry said:
kill a chicken...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by