Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

One word: YES! Personally, though, I would've picked better shots of the monsters and characters for the trailer. It still looks good, anyways.

Views: 144

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I uhm... I... I've never understoon Dr. Who.
As a child, Dr. Who gave me nightmares (I was an odd child...), so I've never really got into the new ones due to that lingering reluctance. I've heard good things about them, but it leaves me woefully unable to explain anythin.
I have only ever seen the adverts for it. I'm not sure whan channel it is on, I don't get anything but the 24hr BBC news feed for British TV.

You can probably stream BBC America online (that's how I get my Who fix). If you're looking to start Doctor Who, the newer seasons (2007-current) are a good starting point because it eases you in to the universe, condensing 40+ years of Whovian lore. I started with Christopher Eccleston, the Ninth Doctor, and went back to watch the classic Whos after a healthy introduction.

If you have a decent library nearby, they might have DVDs of Doctor Who episodes hiding in the film section. Ours turned out to have a surprisingly large amount of Doctor Who and Caprica in a dark corner. The bonus: library materials are free and legal to use/copy/burn, as long as no profit is made.

I will look into that. Currently I lack a computer with the power to stream online. Graphics card dead on one and motherboard on the other. 

But whenever I get harddrives into my new gaming pc, I will start watching. 

I cut my teeth on the classic 3rd and 4th Doctor (Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker), who were arguably the best incarnations prior to Tennant. The new Doctor is ok, but I had some trouble with believability at first as he seemed too young. But Rory is becoming an extreme badass. (And now he gets to punch out Hitler!)
Agreed, I love Rory's story arc. The whole concept of him as the last centurion is really appealing. My favourite Doctors are still Tennant and Baker, but Matt Smith seems to be good in his own right.

Jonny B. Goode said:
I cut my teeth on the classic 3rd and 4th Doctor (Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker), who were arguably the best incarnations prior to Tennant. The new Doctor is ok, but I had some trouble with believability at first as he seemed too young. But Rory is becoming an extreme badass. (And now he gets to punch out Hitler!)
Agreed.  Eccleston was an excellent Doctor, in that unlike the previous Doctors he could dress like anybody you'd pass on the street and still look...alien.  Tennant is several of the best actors out there and while I had reservations about Matt Smith, they didn't last long.  I find that I look more for the writers than I care about the actors, though.  The ones that really stay with me are the Stephen Moffat screenplays: The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances...great stuff!

Taylor said:

You can probably stream BBC America online (that's how I get my Who fix). If you're looking to start Doctor Who, the newer seasons (2007-current) are a good starting point because it eases you in to the universe, condensing 40+ years of Whovian lore. I started with Christopher Eccleston, the Ninth Doctor, and went back to watch the classic Whos after a healthy introduction.

If you have a decent library nearby, they might have DVDs of Doctor Who episodes hiding in the film section. Ours turned out to have a surprisingly large amount of Doctor Who and Caprica in a dark corner. The bonus: library materials are free and legal to use/copy/burn, as long as no profit is made.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service