Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

I don't know about you all, but I associate the driver caps with the Dieselpunk era. According to Wiki, "Flat caps were worn by fashionable young men in the 1920s".

I love drivers caps. My Dad and brother wore them all the time here in the US. I think of the caps as being "dapper". :)

Apparently, Hollywood has taken up the style and polarized it again. They are smashing aren't they? I admit that Brad Pitt can make anything look good, but I still say the caps are sweet (and sexy).

EDIT- Oops, totally meant to say popularize not polarize. Doh!

Views: 497

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice to know. The driver's cap is part of my everyday wardrobe. Not that them being out of fashion would cause me to stop wearing them one bit. Style always supersedes fashion, right?

I couldn't agree more :)

Once again Dieselpunk beats Hollywood to the punch! ;-)

I always think of these as "cabbie hats."

My brother has worn them for years, but I now refuse to, because I don't want to appear to be wearing them due to popularity.

I'm not much of a hat guy, anyway.

In the first season of Boardwalk Empire, Al Capone wears a flat cap in the beginning but is scolded for being a grown up wearing a child's hat. He then gets a fedora instead. I wonder if that is really how flat caps were seen back then.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service