Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Good morning!!!

First of all, sorry about my english. I’m from Colombia, land of steampunkers, where the gothics, vampires and victorian skirts are the rule.

I been watching this site for years, but finally, I got something to share with you.

In the first place, I show you my weapons and a little tutorial for the lovers of the DIY style.

At the end, you could produce weapons like this, cheap, single and easy to do:

¿How I made it? The answer is: Balsa wood, EMT tubing (3/4” ans 5/8”), rings of curtain tube, Springs of my wife’s hair clip, and steel ribbon. For the color, I use Minwax tints, sand paper (120-180-220) and varnish (barniz).

My technic consists on print a weapon scheme (search in Google) or pepakura papermodel. The next step is place it on my wood, trace a line around the scheme, cut it with my jigsaw and sandpaper. Sand. Sanding, again, and sanding to sculpt all the curves of the weapon.

At the end, carve the place for the barrel and paint the weapon.

I use laser prints of logos and pin-ups with “decoupage” technic for the “agressive component”.

Here I have photos from the process:

1. Reference images from google, here we have the Jawa Blaster from Star Wars, a Blunderbuss I found in Google, the papermodel of the Fallout 3 Shotgun from billybob884 and a scheme I did for the measures in google sketchup:

2. Draw (or print) the scheme in a paper. If you can't use a plotter then print on several sheets.

3. Put the scheme in a balsa wood (thick as you need): 

4. Cut it with a jigsaw (or a hacksaw if you are brave):

5. You'll get ugly pieces like this (don't worry, the sand paperx will fix the problem):

Note: If you need more thickness, probably you'll have to glue togheter two pieces of wood. Here in my country, I can find only wood of 2 cm...

6. Sand it!!! I use rolled jigsaw sandpaper to carve the curves. Don't forget to carve a place for the barrel. 

7. Tint it (I choose minwax...):

8. Add printings. Print on color laser printer:

9. Apply varnish, glossy, flat or matte as you wish. I think dieselpunk weapons cannot be glossy, but... 

Yeah... this is an ugly photo... sorry!!!

10. Put the accesories. Here we have 4 examples: steel ribbon for the trigger guards, a cut of courtain ring and a spring of hair clip for the trigger, EMT tubing for a barrel and a nice manometer for the industrial efect.  

11. Final products:

This is perfect to kill zombies:

This is the dimensional sealer used by John Radek in my next book (I'll present this soon):

Sorry about my photographs... I need to improve my skills on this topic. 

Thansks to everybody!!!

Andres Gomez

Views: 1279

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, for the idea, the balsa wood is light and easy to work.

Very inspiring!  Thank you for showing the whole process.  It makes me feel like I could do it.  Now I want to make something!

Please post something here more often.  Your English is better than most Americans where I live.

Thanks to you!!!! Show me photos if you start a gun like this!!!

Great stuff, Sr. Gomez, please keep it coming!

PS: your English is just fine.

Nicely presented. I've been doing a lot of research on dieselpunk weapons, so I enjoyed this easy to understand breakdown.

Love the DIY! GREAT job on the Step-By-Step! ALWAYS nice to see a craftsman working from scratch. It sure beats the heck out of yet more Nerf gun paint overs!!! Looking forward to more!

Thanks to everybody, I'm still wroking!!!!

Excellent

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service