Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

I suppose I should probably introduce myself to dispel the aura of suspicion and mystery that can accumulate like dust on a desk if one isn't careful. 

I'm Kaleb, a high schooler from a small town in Midwest. The biggest appeal of dieselpunk, for me, is the aesthetic and style of it. Trench coats and fedoras, leather jackets and aviator's caps. I also love the sleek lines of the airplanes and cars. I'm also a big sci-fi/fantasy fan, so throw in some aliens and mad science, and I think it's awesome. I also like the more Realist view of life, not cyberpunk's grimness of a dystopian future, or steampunk's seeming optimism (Though I've seen darker steampunk too.) 

I'm a writer, so I'm working on a lot of novels and short stories. My main dieselpunk setting is an alternate history with more advnaced fligt technologies where the Axis won, except I thrown in an alien invasion to the whole rebels-fighting-Nazi-government part of it, and I'm considering extending it into a dieselpunk space opera type of story. 

I'll do a lot more lurking than posting or commenting, I suspect. 

Views: 243

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good to meet you Kaleb.

Thanks, Doc. 

Welcome Kaleb, hello!

Howdy! And thanks! 

Hi Kaleb.  Welcome to the site.

That's a pretty interesting idea.  Kind of like a "what if" War of the Worlds happened during the 1940s.

Thank you, both for the welcome and your thoughts on the idea. 

Yeah, I hadn't thought of it that way, but I guess it is. Humans have flying battleships and awesome air navies of course, but nothing compared to the aliens. 

Wellcome Kaleb

Thank you.

It's great to have you with us, Kaleb.

Thanks. It's good to be here.

Hullo Kaleb! Welcome!

Thank you! 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast