Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

I just picked up this new book from the library and have gotten throught the first two chapters its a lil hard to tell what is going on since its mostly war based and typically I don't read that kind of thing, but it does seem fairly interesing in its own way.

it was hard to tell if this book falls under steam punk or disel punk, since there are both steam run machines and disel run ones, it almost seems like it falls in between both, but I was just wondering if anyone else had picked this up and read it at all.

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yes, I read it and loved it! Indeed it's a crossbreed of steam, diesel and fantasy (def. one of the reasons why I liked it so muc). As I've always been very interested in WW1 the overall theme and atmosphere of the story fits my personal taste exactly :-)
Can't wait for october when the 2nd part is releasd!
Oh, yea, I read it when it was released. It was interesting, I enjoyed it. It's by no means my favorite book ~ ~ ever ~ ~ but I thought the art was especially wonderful, and really made me like the concept, to see it illustrated so beautiful.
I liked the setting a lot, though~
I haven't yet and I'm not going to until I'm done with my current WIP (which is set in a diesel-y WWI alt-history setting as well, and I don't want cross-contamination, so I'm avoiding it until I'm done with mine). But I'm looking forward to reading it.

Also, the artist for the mega-awesome map inside the cover is Keith Thompson and the artwork is here on his site.
I had no idea they planned to make a second book thats exciting.

Beauregard said:
yes, I read it and loved it! Indeed it's a crossbreed of steam, diesel and fantasy (def. one of the reasons why I liked it so muc). As I've always been very interested in WW1 the overall theme and atmosphere of the story fits my personal taste exactly :-)
oh yes - it's coming in fall. "Leviathan" is only the start of the adventure. :-)

Sarah DeRosier said:
I had no idea they planned to make a second book thats exciting.

Beauregard said:
mix between steam and diesel...

so it's edwardipunk?
Read it, loved it, absolutely DROOLED over the artwork, and eagerly awaiting the next installment.

It's very cross-genre: Alternate History WW1 with Steampunk->Dieselpunk "Clanker" Central Powers vs. Biopunk "Lego-Genetics" Entente (the titular "Leviathan" being a freakin' whale airship). More Edwardian than Victorian, as Shaunathan mentioned.
I wasn't a huge fan, but I suppose I never particularly liked the author, so I am biased. Still, it wasn't bad. I'd definitely read it again. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service