Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Hello dieselpunks, Lady Smoke from "Sindicato Dieselpunk" is here...:)

Well, I would try to introduce myself. My name is Lady Smoke (Andrea), I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina, city of Tango. And I begun with all this no so much time ago. First I discovered  Steampunk, but there was nothing in my country, only some attempts that ended in dead groups, and some day tired to wait that someone made something, with another friend and with N. Inmunsapá like mentor and guide, we decide to refound "Sociedad Steampunk Argentina".  A month later of this we begun to have some misconceptions with some post in the group, that people says "this is not steampunk, but that could be..." and then someone said the word "Dieselpunk". And a lot of us discover great affinity with this concept and this feeling that we always liked something that we never known the name.  And this confusion in the steampunk group, that still were not learning what steampunk was, decide us to make a new group "Sindicato Dieselpunk".  We were so few people that open this not only to Argentina, even to Latinoamerica. That was on November the 11th, one day before of "International Dieselpunk Day", we´ll celebrate our first year. In some moment adds people from around the world that don't talk any spanish, that made us open the group worldwide and became it in bilingual one, (some of you including), that give us many contributions and help us a lot as Larry Amyett.  Since that time we work hard to make grow the community and promote Dieselpunk in the whole Latinoamerica, and today "Sindicato" is the base group from where borned Dieselpunk Chile, Dieselpunk Argentina, Dieselpunk México, and Dieselpunk Panamá.  

I'm a music lover, and I like all the jazz styles and fusions, not just the rooted genres, also all the new or nu genres, that are more close to my concept of retrofuturistic music, the same with swing, blues, dixie, ragtime and tango, being from Argentina I need to include the music of the period in my country and I'm always exploring new old genres around the world and new ways of interpretation of this.  Well think that I extended a lot, thats all, if you want to know more just ask me and thanks for accepting me here and greetings for everyone...:)

(Some of you know that my english is not the best, the others are just discovering it,  hope that all of you can understand...U.u)

Lady Smoke

Sindicato Dieselpunk

Views: 343

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wellcome to dieselpunks.org here you can find the a great community and stay in touch with mostly all the promoters and aficionados to this greater movement.

I´m glad, that finally, you´ve decided be part of this. Take a look around you´ll discover a WHOLE WORLD.

Enjoy, my little sister. ;) 

Thank you my bro, something that I don't mention before is that N. Inmunsapá is my soul brother, and yes!!! this is really big and a lot of times I'm really lost here, I begin in a thread and really don't know where I will end, but need to say that I'm glad of this, there is tons of information here...:)

And, again - you're most welcome, m'lady!

It's so wonderful to have you on the forum, Lady Smoke.

Folks, she's far too humble and understated herself. For example, International Dieselpunk Day was her idea. She is very active in promoting the genre. She creative, intelligent and so sweet. Not to mention beautiful. And for fans of Diesel Powered Podcast, she is the lovely "Lady Smoke" that Big Daddy Cool and I gush over during our program.

Welcome to the forum, lovely Lady.

Bienvenedos, m'lady!  You are most certainly not alone and I am glad you decided to make your appearance here, fashionably late and in high demand!

Buenos Aires sounds a fantastic city, you are very lucky to live there !

Is Tango still alive and well there, and are the historic buildings still present ?

Welcome to dieselpunk, I am sure that this site will be so nice with you as it has been with me.

Dieselpunk is home to some of the most beautiful things that humankind has created  and then forgotten.

By other hand ¡Vaya Mina! if you say so.

And thank you again Lord K ...;.)

lord_k said:

And, again - you're most welcome, m'lady!

Awwwww!!!...Larry thanks for this introduction, the kind words and you really will make me blush, I'm a little shy in english, not in spanish...U.u.  

I only had a doubt about if there was a dieselpunk day, like the steampunk one and ask this on "Sindicato", you made the big part asking all around the communities, and with the web...:-)

I'm thinking that I need to train more my english listening to understand well what Big Daddy Cool and you are saying of me. Thank you again and how you see I discover the answers more fast now.

Larry said:

It's so wonderful to have you on the forum, Lady Smoke.

Folks, she's far too humble and understated herself. For example, International Dieselpunk Day was her idea. She is very active in promoting the genre. She creative, intelligent and so sweet. Not to mention beautiful. And for fans of Diesel Powered Podcast, she is the lovely "Lady Smoke" that Big Daddy Cool and I gush over during our program.

Welcome to the forum, lovely Lady.

Thank you Cap'n Tony and nice to meet you, hope I can be more active here...:-)

Cap'n Tony said:

Bienvenedos, m'lady!  You are most certainly not alone and I am glad you decided to make your appearance here, fashionably late and in high demand!

Nice to meet you Roy and yes Bs. As. is a very wonderful city, and was still more wonderful in the years that cover diselpunk era, some buildings are still alive, like government don't put the correct attention or don't give the importance that it needs, many  were demolished and lost. Many neighbors decided to make comissions to work together to try to save some of these, sometimes have success, but is sad to say that government don't put the attention that  it needs.

Tango is more alive than never, there is a rediscovering and experimentation by the hand of young artists and not so too, you have all what you can imagine about this but you need to move in this circuit to discover the whole thing, not only the touristic places. You will find from the traditional one style and places where to go and see live shows and dance, to the modern ones where the younger people move more, with Electro Tango and Neo Tango with very interesting fusions (rock, classical, folklore, etc) and a more modern way of dancing, not so traditional, with more acting and tons of complex figures. If you want you can check an album that I post yesterday of the photographer Horacio Coppola with pics of Buenos Aires in 1936 and I add some Tango music too in the Neo styles...:-)

Roy said:

Buenos Aires sounds a fantastic city, you are very lucky to live there !

Is Tango still alive and well there, and are the historic buildings still present ?

Gracias Pablo, I agree with you and a home that a lot of people love and need to scream to everybody that we are here...:-). Btw, your "Lunfardo" (slang from Buenos Aires in the late 19th and early 20th centuries) is good.

Pablo J. Alvarez said:

Welcome to dieselpunk, I am sure that this site will be so nice with you as it has been with me.

Dieselpunk is home to some of the most beautiful things that humankind has created  and then forgotten.

By other hand ¡Vaya Mina! if you say so.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service