How to embed a video from YouTube or Hulu into Dieselpunks.
- When you're on YouTube or Hulu, there's a small box that says "Embed" and has some weird looking computer code that starts with <object in it. Highlight this code and press Ctrl and C at the same time on your keyboard. Ctrl+C is a shortcut that allows you to copy text in almost every Windows program (that's Command+C for you Apple people). This will copy the code for you.
- Go to Dieselpunks and compose your post like normal.
- When you're done, click on the tab labeled HTML on the top of the box. It's right next to the Rich Text tab. This will allow you to paste HTML code, like the YouTube/Hulu video, into your post.
- Paste the code for the YouTube/Hulu video into the box where you want the video to appear. You can do this by pressing Ctrl and V at the same time. QUICK TIP: Ctrl+V is the universal shortcut for pasting things in Windows.
- Save your post like normal and when it's loaded, it will show your video!
- Pat yourself on the back. U R NOW A SUPR L33T HAXXOR WIT MAD CODEZ SKILLZZZ!!!!11!1!
One of these days, I'll add a better widget for embedding videos, but until then, this is the easiest way to go about it.Video Guidelines
- For YouTube videos, choose a width that is close to 640 wide. This way, it will fit in the content area of Dieselpunks. They have larger videos now, like 853 wide, but they're too big.
- If you're posting stuff that still under copyright, I don't really care. As long as it's hosted by someone other than Dieselpunks, it's fair game in this town.
- Keep it relatively clean. We're all adults here, but we don't really need to experience your awesome hentai collection, or that weird thing you just caught on 4chan. Some things can't be unseen. That being said, I promise to skin the next person that sends me another goatse cupholder for my birthday. Looking at you, Scott.