Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

I'm going to be at the Steampunk World's Fair in NJ this coming May and my lovely wife was asking how I plan to promote the website.

Granted, I'm going there to have fun, but it would be nice to to have something on hand that would remind people about the site after the event.

Other than standard business cards, I got to thinking about swag and what kind of things I would hold onto if it were handed to me at a convention.  Here's what I came up with:

• Military dog tags
  • Pewter dress pins with the dieselpunks "gear" logo
  • 3" embroidered patches with the dieselpunks "gear" logo
  • Stickers with the dieselpunks "gear" logo and URL

The rough part is, these things aren't free and the maintaining the site already sucks about $150/month out of my wallet.  The last thing I want is a surplus of unmoved/unwanted swag when I could be putting that money into something better for the site.

So, here's the question.  If you seriously considered adding one of these things to your standard dieselpunk gear/wardrobe, which would you like the best?  Do you have any other totally obvious suggestions that I haven't listed?

THE TOTAL SO FAR:

• Dog Tags: 3
  • Gear logo pin: 3
  • Art Deco logo pin: 5
  • Gear logo patches: 2
  • Stickers: 2
  • Cuff links: 1

Views: 298

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

At this point, nothing really won.  Need to build capital before I can produce stock.

I tried a short-run of hand-made metal pins for the staff, and while they look pretty awesome, I wasn't happy with the clasp or the price.

Dog-tags for sure! 'DP Gear' key fob maybe?

Pamphlets could be like WW2 propaganda poster style with DP site info on? Imperial War Museum website might be worth a look.

I noticed you had stickers in your list. Stickers are usually frowned upon at Cons, because people can take them and graffiti up the place with them, and often the sticker vendors will have to pay a cleanup fee.
@Jonny - Good to know.  Never thought of that.
Best bang for your buck? The patches would be very different and cool, yet not too expensive. Then throw in plenty of 40's style propaganda mini-posters as fliers.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service