Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Happy DieselPunk Day!

Looking back through the archives I notice that Nov. 12th was chosen as DieselPunk day.  Was that just a one off?

Personally, I think we should observe it every year.  Does anyone else agree?

I'm going to celebrate by watching some DP movies, like Sky Captain and the Rocketeer.

Views: 153

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't know about this; thanks for pointing out. 11/11 is Hobbit Day, 11/12 is Dieselpunk Day... This is a (nerd) party weekend! ;-) Go geeks!

Thanks for posting this. It wasn't a one off. It's been celebrated for several years now. Cheers!

Here, here

Sounds like a good idea, btw can anyone recommend any movies that are like ( and as good) as Sky Captain?

Does anyone know why Nov. 12th was chosen?  Did something significantly DieselPunk happen on that date?

I believe that it was chosen because it was the day after Armistice Day, the end of the Great War.

With the War to End All Wars at a close an argument could be made that we are unequivocally in the DieselPunk era.  WWI being something of a threshold between SteamPunk and DieselPunk.   

Stephen Vossler said:

Does anyone know why Nov. 12th was chosen?  Did something significantly DieselPunk happen on that date?

Excellent  DieselPunk website JazzFeathers!

JazzFeathers said:

Oh, I really forgot Dieselpunk day this year! However, after having checked what I was wearing that day, I'm relieved that the outfit was probably acceptable.

@Alena - Thanks, I'm happy you like it ^_^

@Joem - Looks like a perfet outfit to me ;-)

That was exactly the reason.

Alena said:

I believe that it was chosen because it was the day after Armistice Day, the end of the Great War.

With the War to End All Wars at a close an argument could be made that we are unequivocally in the DieselPunk era.  WWI being something of a threshold between SteamPunk and DieselPunk.   

Stephen Vossler said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Jazz Age Style by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2018   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service