Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

They recently released the trailer for the movie adaptation of JK Rowling's novel 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them'. Pure dieselpunk.

According to Wikipedia,

"In 1926, Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) arrives at the Magical Congress of the United States of America for a meeting with an important official. At this meeting is a magically expanded briefcase, which houses a number of dangerous creatures and their habitats. When the creatures escape from the briefcase, it sends the American wizarding authorities after Newt, and threatens to strain even further the state of magical and non-magical relations.

The mistake has a devastating effect on both the Wizarding World and the Muggle World, which is already in a dangerous place, due to the threatening presence of the fanatical New Salem Philanthropic Society, an extremist organisation dedicated to the eradication of wizard-kind. Newt battles to correct the mistake, and the horrors of the resultant increase in violence, fear, and tension felt between magical and non-magical peoples."

Views: 324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had seen a different one, I think this is GOOD ^_^

Hey, I'm happy you think this is dieselpunk. This means my story is dieselpunk too ;-)

This movie has all of the three elements of dieselpunk:

Decodence (set in 1926)

Contemporary in Origin (book released 2001, movie 2016)

Punk (an unorthodox spin or twist, in this case fantasy)

JazzFeathers, is your story available?

JazzFeathers said:

I had seen a different one, I think this is GOOD ^_^

Hey, I'm happy you think this is dieselpunk. This means my story is dieselpunk too ;-)

Well, that can be said for my stories too. My trilogy (unpublished) is set in Chicago 1926. My novella Give in to the Feeling, is set in 1924. They both have more of a fantasy spin to them, they are not retrofuturistic in any possible way, that's why some people told me my stories cannot be considered diesepunk.

Give in to the Feeling is available. It's actually free on Smashword until the end of the monthy ^_^
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/611064

Will you tell me what you think if you end up reading it? ^_^

Hi! Just downloaded your book. Can't wait to sit down and read it!

JazzFeathers said:

Well, that can be said for my stories too. My trilogy (unpublished) is set in Chicago 1926. My novella Give in to the Feeling, is set in 1924. They both have more of a fantasy spin to them, they are not retrofuturistic in any possible way, that's why some people told me my stories cannot be considered diesepunk.

Give in to the Feeling is available. It's actually free on Smashword until the end of the monthy ^_^

Oh, thanks, Renee!

Can't wait to hear what you think ^_^

I just got my copy and look forward to reading it.

JazzFeathers said:

Oh, thanks so much Larry. Can't wait to hear what you think ^_^

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation