Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

If you have never seen Wally Cohn, here's a good chance to take a look:

Hemmings Blog tells the story of a German Jew who fled to the States after the Kristallnacht, served in the USAAC during WWII, and was a member of the chief justice’s staff during the war crimes trials in Nuremberg. There he built a luxury version of the Jeep using a late 1930s Opel Olympia body.
You can compare his posh SUV to Brooks Stevens' Victory Car (below) and an absolutely wild streamliner - "the product of spare time, a wrecked Jeep and a couple crashed airplanes."

Enjoy!

Views: 342

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Absolutely one of the coolest mish mash car builds i have seen!... using most of the Opel body with a few jeep additions like the drive train and grille is really appealing to the eyes. Only thing missing is the military blackout covers used for the fog lights, but you can't have everything! I am definitely impressed at the craftsmanship involved in melding the assuredly dissimilar vehicles. I would love to have one in the garage next to my Model A and my wife's '49 Olds!

I must admit that you drive very fine cars, Sir.
WareWolf said:
Absolutely one of the coolest mish mash car builds i have seen!... using most of the Opel body with a few jeep additions like the drive train and grille is really appealing to the eyes. Only thing missing is the military blackout covers used for the fog lights, but you can't have everything! I am definitely impressed at the craftsmanship involved in melding the assuredly dissimilar vehicles. I would love to have one in the garage next to my Model A and my wife's '49 Olds!
:o I want that jeep. It looks kinda back-heavy though. (At least in the picture)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service