Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Hello, Patriots!

After seeing the post on the Metropolis screenings, I realized that maybe I should post my Metropolis poster here, too.

Yeah, it's stylized; that's just what I do.

Views: 509

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's adorable, I love it. I really like the texture in your colors.
Hey, thanks!

I've been doing more public domain movie/book covers lately. They're a lot of fun.
I love the palette and textures you've used here, SteamCrow. The whole piece has a softness to it, despite the hard Art Deco lines that I appreciate. The brush you used for the wires is also a cool touch.

I'd love to see more classics in this style. Perhaps Things to Come?
That's great. You really seemed to capture the feel for the art of that era.
Thanks, guys. I tried to make the wires insinuate hair.

I've done posters for 20,000 Leagues, Frankenstein, Nosferatu, Steampunk OZ, Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hyde so far. I really love monsters too, so I focus on them a fair amount.
Nice work... wanna talk about your process?

I've been getting into using Illustrator for my decopunk work, is that what you use?
Process?

Using the pen tool, I draw the character in Illustrator. Usually silhouette first, then add details on top, layer after layer.

I overlay the textures over the top, using adjustment layers. When I'm done, I export as a raster image.

I do final image processing (adjusting curves, adding a bit of noise, desaturating) in Photoshop.

Dreia Melinkoff said:
Nice work... wanna talk about your process?

I've been getting into using Illustrator for my decopunk work, is that what you use?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2020   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service