Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Has anyone else checked this out? Me and my wife have really enjoyed it on Netflix.

It's about a lady detective in 1920's Australia. Seems very well done to me, sets, cloths, cars, music with interesting characters and good stories.

Views: 306

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I started it watching a couple of months ago on our local PBS station.  I like it, the production values are great.  They do have a few anachronisms though, in recent episode they were sipping margarita's.  Margarita's in 1928-29?  I don't think so mate. ;-)

Ah there's always gonna be a few things that slip through:)

Still a fun show, Essie Davis does a Great job as Miss Fisher. I hope they will continue the show down the road ( hasn't been any announcements of a cancellation....)

Alena said:

I started it watching a couple of months ago on our local PBS station.  I like it, the production values are great.  They do have a few anachronisms though, in recent episode they were sipping margarita's.  Margarita's in 1928-29?  I don't think so mate. ;-)

Oh I agree and I don't really hold it against them but it does get my attention.  In the Xena fandom we called these YAXI's, Yet Another Xena Inconsistency.  

But as I said I do like it and look forward to watching every Saturday night.  They're showing Season 2 on our local PBS stations right now, currently preceded by a Miss Marple episode. 

Cliff Cranston said:

Still a fun show, Essie Davis does a Great job as Miss Fisher. I hope they will continue the show down the road ( hasn't been any announcements of a cancellation....)

Alena said:

I'm currently watching through season 2 myself.  The third season began airing in May 2015, and though I've done some investigating, I havent been able to tell if they have canceled or renewed Miss Fisher. I really hope the latter.
Alena said:

Oh I agree and I don't really hold it against them but it does get my attention.  In the Xena fandom we called these YAXI's, Yet Another Xena Inconsistency.  

But as I said I do like it and look forward to watching every Saturday night.  They're showing Season 2 on our local PBS stations right now, currently preceded by a Miss Marple episode. 

Cliff Cranston said:

Alena said:

I Googled it, Alena, and the Margartia was supposed invented in 1938, so good catch! I never would have noticed it (but, I don't drink, so that stuff just goes right by me). And I'm hoping for a renewal, too. Hopefully the fact that it's being picked up by things like local PBS stations improve the odds...

Here hoping it will be, it's too unique of a show to let fade into the distance.

Brian JP Craig said:

I Googled it, Alena, and the Margartia was supposed invented in 1938, so good catch! I never would have noticed it (but, I don't drink, so that stuff just goes right by me). And I'm hoping for a renewal, too. Hopefully the fact that it's being picked up by things like local PBS stations improve the odds...

After a bit of digging about, I was able to find this little bit of info:

"What is next for Miss Fisher? We are working hard to bring Miss Fisher back to her legion of fans. With Essie Davis living permanently in London with her family, there is no Season 4 of Miss Fisher at this stage. However, she is signed on to reprise her role in the Miss Fisher feature film which is currently being scripted, and we’re also working on a prequel series of the 17-year-old Phryne running amok around Melbourne."

So there we have it ( for now :)

Thank you for turning that up.  A movie would be cool but I'm a disappointed that the series appears to be over.

Has anyone read the books on which they're based?  I'm thinking of putting them next on my reading list.

Cliff Cranston said:

"What is next for Miss Fisher? We are working hard to bring Miss Fisher back to her legion of fans. With Essie Davis living permanently in London with her family, there is no Season 4 of Miss Fisher at this stage. However, she is signed on to reprise her role in the Miss Fisher feature film which is currently being scripted, and we’re also working on a prequel series of the 17-year-old Phryne running amok around Melbourne."

I too am super bummed the show looks to be over ' but you never know' in this day in age, things sometimes pop back after awhile. I haven't read the books but may have to, to fill the Miss Fisher void .
Alena said:

Thank you for turning that up.  A movie would be cool but I'm a disappointed that the series appears to be over.

Has anyone read the books on which they're based?  I'm thinking of putting them next on my reading list.

Cliff Cranston said:

Haven't read the books, but my wife is also a big fan and we do a lot of audiobooks in the car while we're running our errands, so we're probably going to listen to them one day in the not-too-distant future.

Oh yeah anything's possible.  In that vein maybe they could do a spin off? 

Perhaps one focusing on Dr. Mac as a sleuthing doctor a la Quincy or Diagnosis Murder?  Truth be told Dr. Mac is why I started watching.  I was channel surfing one night and happened on a scene with Mac and Phryne and got hooked.  Mac set off my gaydar right away and I was a little disappointed that she didn't have a more prominent role on the show.

Cliff Cranston said:

I too am super bummed the show looks to be over ' but you never know' in this day in age, things sometimes pop back after awhile. I haven't read the books but may have to, to fill the Miss Fisher void .
Alena said:

Cliff Cranston said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service