Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

As new rules at the place where I work private radios which are connected to a wallsocket are no longer allowed (it has to do something with the insurance), I needed a battery powered radio with does not consume much energy. Of course I could have bought some cheap trash  USB-powered mini radio from China, but that's not the way solve the problem. I've made my own radio:

It is basing on a radio kit from "Conrad Electronic" which I've bought for 10 EUR. (The casing is on the left of the picture.) I knew from a previous made radio that it runs really long on two AA-cells. But the paper-casing is not sufficient for me. So I had this little weekend-project. I've used some plywood, a piece of old curtain (for the loudspeaker), some leather (behind the radio-buttons) and an aluminium strip. I took a better speaker than the original speaker from the kit. Also the telescope-antenna was a bad joke, so it has a built-in antenna made from copper-foil (enough for the local stations) and a connector for an external antenna. The finishing of the plywood is wood stain (nut-tree) and shellac. There is a new shellac from "Clou" with the name "Lumberjack". You can use it like any normal paint, not a s the classic shellac, which was a little bit difficult to handle. Another big advantage is that it does not stink while working with it. 

Views: 157

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well done, Doctor! Love it.

Pretty classy.  What do your work-buddies think of the new box?

they loved it and asked if can make more and sell it :D

Awesome job!  Problem identified, solution developed, style added.  True Dieselpunk in action!

Nicely done!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Dieselpunk Industries
19XX
Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast

© 2014   Created by Tome Wilson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service