Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Hello Dieselpunks. I'm looking for a few beta readers for my ebook that is coming out this summer. If you are interested in giving it a read and then giving me your honest opinion I can email it to you in .epub or .pdf. (If you read on tabled, reader or phone it will work very nicely).

Press Release for Fistful of Reefer:

Fistful of Reefer is a dieselpunk, weird Western pulp featuring goats, guns and the camaraderie of outcasts. Marijuana was the plan, liberty the dream, revolution the result. Viva this!

David Mark Brown's debut novel is the first in a series he calls Reeferpunk -- an alternate history that explores the ramifications of an industrial revolution sans cheap oil.

Set along the Texas Mexico border during the waining years of the Mexican revolution, Fistful of Reefer focuses on a group of unlikely heros and their equally unlikely foe as they stumble upon the fringes of a cabal bent on nothing short of redrawing geopolitical boundaries and world domination.

Anticipated release of this ebook exclusive is July 31st, 2011.

I would love to get the viewpoint from some of you guys here in the heart of dieselpunk. The book is pretty calm as far as graphicness (pg-13) and is a quick 280 pages. If you're interested just let me know here in the forum.

Views: 180

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would love to beta read it, is it the attached file?

I attached it as an epub file and it appears to have worked. If you need the pdf version it is 1.7MB, so I could either email it to you or share the dropbox folder it is in.

And thanks!

Jacob Savage said:

I would love to beta read it, is it the attached file?

Yes, I think I will need a PDF, I tried to open the epub and windows is staunchly refusing to acknowledge it's existence!

Also, my pleasure!

@Jacob - You would need an epub reader, like a Nook or the Windows program Calibre (http://calibre-ebook.com/), to read the file.

Hey guys,

I have the Nook reader on my iMac and it is pretty sharp - overall a better reading experience than a pdf reader.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/free-nook-apps/379002321/

Once you have the app on your computer all you need to do is open it and click on the tab on the top bar "add file". This will let you browse your computer and upload the file to your nook library on your computer, or smart phone or wherever you have a nook reader.

But I can totally send you the pdf version too, Jacob. If you want, you can email me: hachebrown(at)gmail.com and I can hook you up. It's just the the pdf version is 1.7MB.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service