Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

There I am, laying in bed with insomnia, and I get to thinking about what I'm going to wear to the Steampunk World's Fair.

On one hand, I'm not a cosplayer (cosplay = Costume play).  My dieselpunk gear consists of everyday "street legal" clothing.  I may get a few looks when I'm wearing miliaria & uniform pieces like this (not me in the photo), but I'm also not going out looking like steampunk Santa just stopped by and I want to wear all of my toys either.

That being said, this is a big event with hundreds (thousands?) of people, the fashion level will be turned up to eleven, and the ridiculous will be the norm.

So, here's the question.  Do I stick with my normal street gear and make the statement that dieselpunk is more than cosplay, or do I get obnoxious with my outfit since that's what the crowd is expecting?

I had an idea floating in my head of combining a white Great Gatsby tuxedo with the droog uniforms from A Clockwork Orange (minus the codpiece).  It would certainly say "Ostentatious '20s" and "punk" at the same time (among other things), but I'm not sure if that's the message I want to express for the site and movement as a whole. 

What do you think?

Views: 1160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I like the zoot suit look, but I'd have to blend it with something from today.

LED pinstripes?
You just reminded me of one of my favorite Tom & Jerry episodes. Thanks!

http://www.dieselpunks.org/video/tom-jerry-the-zoot-cat
don't forget dieselpunk goggles and a dieselpunk headset! Also, if you have some sort of plasma pistol or laser rifle that would kick-ass
At the advice of everyone (but my wife), I'm going with the Clockwork Orange Tuxedo.

Hey. It's a steampunk convention. Gotta have some kind of clockwork, right?

I'll post pictures once it's tailored.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service