Dieselpunks will not fall!

I need your help. Dieselpunks could be closed by Halloween, but you can keep it alive!

Since launching Dieselpunks in 2009 as a safe haven and inspiration for diesel and steampunk artists, we’ve become one of the largest and most active punk communities in the world. And now, over five years later, we’re going to be forced to close this community unless you can help.

The cost of covering our hosting and music licensing fees for 2014-2015 has exceeded what my paycheck can support. The solution is to raise the funds via Kickstarter.

Click here to learn more > http://kck.st/1pXzoZC

Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Ever feel out of sync with the world? I mean from a Dieselpunk standpoint. When I look at a gallery such as this or listen to Tome's fantastic music playlist I feel like that's the world where I belong in rather than this bland sterile one.

Do I make sense? If so, do others here feel this way at times?

Views: 244

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I feel like this since I was eleven. That's why I'm here.

I feel that way Larry. The modern world does not seem to encourage the individual to use their imagination. Probably why I spend so much time volunteering in museums.

everyday Larry, everyday...

sometimes I find myself looking-up at the ornate designs on the roof of an old house and wonder where it all went wrong with the modern world where quick, cheap and cheerfull is King.

Ever since I turned 11 and couldn't understand why all the friends I'd always played space rockets and fighter planes with suddenly cared more about Reebok sneakers and vapid music videos.  I was still imagining myself flying across the South Pacific in a Corsair and they were imagining themselves on MTV.  It's only gotten worse in the working world...

Always, Always, Always, Larry.  

Maybe we should think of Dieselpunks.org as a support group for us.

(Me) "Hi, I'm Larry and I'm a Dieselpunk."

(Group) "Hi, Larry!" :-)

* applause *

We love you, Larry!

Larry said:

Maybe we should think of Dieselpunks.org as a support group for us.

(Me) "Hi, I'm Larry and I'm a Dieselpunk."

(Group) "Hi, Larry!" :-)

I don't think that any of us would be ~ Here ~ if we didn't feel the same way. Personally, I think I would rather be Out Of Sync than surrender to the Status Quo. What would be the ~ Fun ~ of that???

HAHA, yes, indeed. 


gordon, i know that my hometown of detroit has become the poster child of the modern american dystopia - and has been for more decades than most people realize - but i've always done just that; many of the ceilings in detroit are covered in these gorgeous tin tiles. the nightclubs were so beautiful when the lights reflected off of them. and many of these old buildings have the original tile still intact. it's really a sight to see if you can get past every thing else. it always made me wonder the same. 
gordon eight said:

everyday Larry, everyday...

sometimes I find myself looking-up at the ornate designs on the roof of an old house and wonder where it all went wrong with the modern world where quick, cheap and cheerfull is King.

The degradation of the wonderful Golden Age architecture in Detroit is heartbreaking. Our culture will never have that much care or grandeur put into buildings ever again -- well, maybe if a dieselpunk becomes a famous architect, or vice versa...

For my lot, I love the aesthetic of the interbellum period, the Art Deco and the finger-wave hairstyles and the pinstripe suits and zeppelins and all the rest of it. I'd never want to live in that era, though. I'd rather enjoy the things that survived the era that continue to resonate and inspire.

ghost town detroit

see here for an illustration of the comment below.

telling stuff.

J.R. said:

The degradation of the wonderful Golden Age architecture in Detroit is heartbreaking. Our culture will never have that much care or grandeur put into buildings ever again -- well, maybe if a dieselpunk becomes a famous architect, or vice versa...

For my lot, I love the aesthetic of the interbellum period, the Art Deco and the finger-wave hairstyles and the pinstripe suits and zeppelins and all the rest of it. I'd never want to live in that era, though. I'd rather enjoy the things that survived the era that continue to resonate and inspire.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Special Thanks

Diesel City
Patti Smith
VNV Nation - Ronan Harris

Comrades in Arms

Dieselpunk Industries
Radio Metronomik dieselpunk podcast
Constitutionens Voktere
19XX
Doctor Steel's Army of Toy Soliders
Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast

© 2014   Created by Tome Wilson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service