Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Views: 263

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When my wife and I give panels on Dieselpunk she covers fashion and one of the details she talks about was this very fact. However, I've never seen so much detail. Thank you so much for the link, Aaron.

Overall, I am truly pleased with the new directions and expansion of the Smithsonian's magazine and online content. Glad to pass on something useful, Larry!

It´s very difficult to understand today, in the "topless era", the meaning of a nice leg below the knee and even higher, 

This post remind me to Claudette Corvett in "It Happened One Night" film, stopping a car in auto-stop, only showing a leg.

That's proper makeup! Here in the UK, ladies used gravy browning.

Mim,

That comment just begs responses like:

'The dogs must've been hard to keep away'

Or, more directly,

'Appetizing!'

But, I am far too much the gentleman to make such observations.

ABD

Mim McDonald said:

That's proper makeup! Here in the UK, ladies used gravy browning.

Heh, browning doesn't taste of anything, it just makes things brown :D (No, not sure I see the culinary point of it.)

American servicemen bearing real nylon stockings found themselves very popular with the ladies.



Aaron B. Daniels said:

Mim,

That comment just begs responses like:

'The dogs must've been hard to keep away'

Or, more directly,

'Appetizing!'

But, I am far too much the gentleman to make such observations.

ABD

Mim McDonald said:

That's proper makeup! Here in the UK, ladies used gravy browning.

Mim,

You remind me of a Simpsons moment in which, startled by some realization, Principal Seymour Skinner declares, "Great gravy!" He happens to be standing near the lunch line and the surprised cafeteria work responds, "Thank you! It is mostly brown and water."

ABD

Mim McDonald said:

Heh, browning doesn't taste of anything, it just makes things brown :D (No, not sure I see the culinary point of it.)

American servicemen bearing real nylon stockings found themselves very popular with the ladies.



Aaron B. Daniels said:

Mim,

That comment just begs responses like:

'The dogs must've been hard to keep away'

Or, more directly,

'Appetizing!'

But, I am far too much the gentleman to make such observations.

ABD

Mim McDonald said:

That's proper makeup! Here in the UK, ladies used gravy browning.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service