Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

New in town, thought I'd stop in for a drink. Scotch, neat if you please.

So who am I? An old dog who grew up on Indiana Jones and Tales of the Gold Monkey, then graduated to Bogie and Bacall. I'm a fan of flying boats, fedoras & panamas, and old fashioned booze. I claim squatter's rights on repopularising hats in the DC area, though maybe I'm kidding myself. Still, I'll take my hand-made Borsalino over those tacky paper trillibys they pick up at Walmart.

I was tickled pink to hear that my particular tastes in lids and retro-futurist transport are far from unique, though thankfully far from mainstream. This could be my scene.

So, you classy folks think there's a seat on this Clipper for me? 

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome aboard, Cap'n!
If I ever need a crew member to fly me out of DC in a hurry, you'll be first in mind Cap'n.

Welcome aboard!
Thanks, all! Glad to be here and glad the site exists!
Did you ever listen to the radio adventure serial "Voyage of the Scarlet Queen"? It might appeal to you (though AFAIR there are no seaplanes in it).

And if you like Bogie and Bacall, don't miss their only joint radio appearance in "Bold Venture".
I'll have to check those out, thanks!

Caerulctor said:
Did you ever listen to the radio adventure serial "Voyage of the Scarlet Queen"? It might appeal to you (though AFAIR there are no seaplanes in it).

And if you like Bogie and Bacall, don't miss their only joint radio appearance in "Bold Venture".

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service