Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Please tell me what you think. Steampunk Pin up Zippos

I hope you all don't mind i would to ask you all what you think of the following designs which a friend of mine is looking at getting released on some Zippo Lighters.

The artwork is by Lorenzo Sperlonga he is known for his Steampunk Pin up artwork. 

These designs are rough sketches and have not been taken to production as yet. 

Views: 905

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For a zippo lighter, I'd personally prefer something etched into the metal instead of this.

I've never really had a lot of luck with Zippos, but they're certainly more "fun" than a 99 cent plastic firestarter.

With that being said, the artwork is good for pin-up work.  It doesn't tickle my fancy, but the technique is solid and respectable. The only turn off is the double URL on the face of the lighter.  Is it supposed to be art or a business card?

I like 'em ... now if some one make some Dieselpunk pinup zippos . I'd buy one.

Nice. Agree that DP versions would do well.  What print method do you plan, will it stick to the metal, and how long-run durrable is it?

The finish on the Zippo is a Surface Imprint

A longstanding popular method, surface imprinting is a silk-screening process using a separate screen for each color.  Durable epoxy ink is applied to the finish one color at a time, building a rich and vibrant image.  The product is cured, bonding the epoxy imprint to the surface where it becomes an integral part of the finish.  Also known as Screen Printing or Silk Screening. 

You can view more of the artwork here

Thanks to all for your input so far. 

I have over 600 Zippo lighters in my collection,some are made just for collecting and putting on show and others to be used, over 70% of Zippo Collectors don't smoke. (i do) 

Tome Wilson said:

I've never really had a lot of luck with Zippos, but they're certainly more "fun" than a 99 cent plastic firestarter.

With that being said, the artwork is good for pin-up work.  It doesn't tickle my fancy, but the technique is solid and respectable. The only turn off is the double URL on the face of the lighter.  Is it supposed to be art or a business card?

What percentage of Zippo collectors are arsonists?

Not sure,about the number of fire starters. But i can inform you that in over 20 years of collecting ive never known any collector i know of being one. Most collectors are non smokers,and always remove the flint and never use their Zippos. 

Atterton said:

What percentage of Zippo collectors are arsonists?

The art is nice. I agree with Mathew and Cap'n that Dieselpunk art would be really cool. I would buy one with that style of art well. Plus, it would be fitting. This is especially true since the Zippo company was founded in 1932.

I'd buy several with Diesel art. I use zippos in my act. 

Larry said:

The art is nice. I agree with Mathew and Cap'n that Dieselpunk art would be really cool. I would buy one with that style of art well. Plus, it would be fitting. This is especially true since the Zippo company was founded in 1932.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service