Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

I found a sight that deals in soviet era and current military watches. I personally like the vostok brand in the mig-29 and tank commander version. Their reasonably priced and have a 17 jewwled wind-up movement. The sight is http://www.russia4u.co.uk/categories.php?cat=7 russian watches international. Here are some pics

enjoy

JSWHITE

Views: 1681

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One man's meat is another man's poison. For my personal taste, these timepieces are a kind of Kitsch overloaded with details. On the other hand, I remember myself when I was 16 y.o. and can understand a person who loves the style. Anyway, there is another Russian watch well worth a look: the Strela (Arrow) designed for Air Force. Introduced in early 1960s and powered by a close copy of Swiss chronograph caliber, it resembles a classic 1940s bi-compax:

Today, you can purchase a German-made oversize replica:

as well as a near-exact copy of original Strela (38mm).

Russian watch thread @ Watchuseek is especially recommended to everyone who shows interest in the subject.

I'm quite happy with my Vostok Amphibia. I had a Komandirskie junior when I was a boy, but they aren't as indestructible as they say, expecially after brawling with a schoolmate.

Modern Komandirskiye are not so heavy-duty as they pretend to be. Actually, the real thing was phased out of production somewhere in late-1980s. Amphibia has a good reputation - not the most exact mechanical watch in the world but rugged, perfectly insulated and affordable.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2020   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service