Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Use this thread to flash us with your own dieselpunk outfits! Let's see what you look like when you step out on the town!

Views: 24653

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice! Love the wear details.  Really makes it work.

Woah, gotta love it! Really appreciate your work. Is that coat a part of some uniform, or is it just a stand-alone well matching the rest of your outfit?

As a side note, the helmet is made by this guy (I added sunglass lenses to mine). I made the rifle and the pistol is a Dr Grordborts Righteous Bison raygun.

Bobby C. said:

Woah, gotta love it! Really appreciate your work. Is that coat a part of some uniform, or is it just a stand-alone well matching the rest of your outfit?

Thanks! The coat is an officers Canadian military greatcoat. Strangely the coat is missing a proper tag on the inside with the manufacturing date, but its rear buttons have the Royal Canadian Army Service Corps logo on them. That was disbanded in 1968, so the coat is that old and has some signs of wear (such as repaired buttons on the front).

I don't know anything outside of that however; there is nearly no information about these coats. I think they were mostly a winter parade coat however; the arms are too restricted for it to be a winter combat coat.

Magnificient work, sport! I'm honestly astonished by every inch of it. 

Your coat resembled me of a British army coat, but as it turns out I was just a little wrong there. Curious thing I couldn't find any information in the web.

I did recognize the gun to be Righteous Bison, what I didn't know though was that it's a real-life, existing thing. Thought it was just a weapon included in Team Fortress 2 game.

Great look, Jerry.  It has a feeling of being a complete outfit, and that's hard to come by in the *punk community.  Kudos.

Bobby C. said:

Magnificient work, sport! I'm honestly astonished by every inch of it. 

Your coat resembled me of a British army coat, but as it turns out I was just a little wrong there. Curious thing I couldn't find any information in the web.

I did recognize the gun to be Righteous Bison, what I didn't know though was that it's a real-life, existing thing. Thought it was just a weapon included in Team Fortress 2 game.

Thank you! I found some information on it. But Canadian military history is badly documented online it seems, and what few sites I find look like they're from the late 90s.

The Righteous Bison is made by Weta Workshop as part of their Dr. Grordbort's Raygun line of props. Here's the official web site. They have some really neat stuff but it can get expensive. There's some comics there too, and a couple of cool videos. The TF2 stuff is mostly cross-promotional stuff that just so happens to fit well in TF2 :). There's a couple more TF2 items coming eventually; they put the item's concepts in the workshop many months ago but, aside from a lot of up votes, nothing has happened with them yet.

Tome Wilson said:

Great look, Jerry.  It has a feeling of being a complete outfit, and that's hard to come by in the *punk community.  Kudos.

Thank you very much!

My Diesel Punk outfit;

Very cool, Robert.

Great outfit and great location shoot!  Love that old grain silo.  Grizzled vet back home to the countryside from the war.

Thanks! It's an old train station but I did like the grain building in the background better. Seemed to fit what I was going for in the photo.

Cap'n Tony said:

Great outfit and great location shoot!  Love that old grain silo.  Grizzled vet back home to the countryside from the war.

Here are some more photos of my dieselpunk outfit at the same location;

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service