Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Use this thread to flash us with your own dieselpunk outfits! Let's see what you look like when you step out on the town!

Views: 24665

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very cool, Komissar.

Thanks, Larry. I believe a belt and some patches and decorations wouldn't hurt the jacket, would they?

Larry said:

Very cool, Komissar.

Me as an English partisan fighting in the London Blitz
Attachments:

I am deeply impressed (and deeply envious) of all the costuming I've seen on this thread.  I have always wanted to do this stuff and in fact, I am a more than moderately skilled seamstress (out of necessity; you try being a six foot tall 12-year-old girl and find age appropriate clothes that fit!).  I can even draft patterns.  I am also deeply enamored of 1930's fashions, and almost never go out without one of my collection of cloche hats.

My problem is that I have training wheels, as my family calls it (I'm in a wheelchair).  I'm unwilling to mod the chair to something Dieselpunk; I only have the one and can't afford a second one for everyday use, and driving a wheelchair with a machine gun mount on the arms would not be well-received in my bank or, God forbid, at church.

not sure if this is Diesel, Steam, or just "sharp"...) 

me and my wife had a bit of diesel infusion for Halloween this year:

Great look, Komissar!

Looks great!

I've actually given this very subject thought. I've considered many ways that one could modify a wheelchair to be dieselpunk. Which options depends on the exact style of chair, of course, but one of the ways would be to put fenders over the wheels, add other touches and paint to make the chair look like an old bright red Schwinn balloon bike, complete with white wall tires.

AJ Clarkson said:

My problem is that I have training wheels, as my family calls it (I'm in a wheelchair).  I'm unwilling to mod the chair to something Dieselpunk; I only have the one and can't afford a second one for everyday use, and driving a wheelchair with a machine gun mount on the arms would not be well-received in my bank or, God forbid, at church.

Not very complex, but a simple bowler with my jacket and badge.

I'm building my new outfit. It's complete, save for dress pants. I look too... well, diesel, but not enough punk.

BTW, I plan on wearing this outfit normally when the weather allows it (the trenchcoat is not a winter coat, and Canadian winters are COLD!). What do you think is needed to make it better, dieselpunkwise?

Attachments:

I've seen that coat floating around online and I always wondered what it looked like off the virtual rack.  On you, it looks really sharp.

The look you have right now falls into the "street legal" version of Dieselpunk, which is what I love.  It's functional, it's practical, it looks good, and you can wear it as a part of your day-to-day wardrobe without falling into the "fashion costume" category.  Well done.

Salim Farhat said:

I'm building my new outfit. It's complete, save for dress pants. I look too... well, diesel, but not enough punk.

BTW, I plan on wearing this outfit normally when the weather allows it (the trenchcoat is not a winter coat, and Canadian winters are COLD!). What do you think is needed to make it better, dieselpunkwise?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service