Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Use this thread to flash us with your own dieselpunk outfits! Let's see what you look like when you step out on the town!

Views: 24665

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Virgil Briggs (Samuel Crowe) said:
My Commando No. 13 from Steamcon on the left, my friend on the right.

I want some good snaps of that watch your wearing...

That's some heavy hardware. Will they let you carry that weapon on site, or is it just for show?

Lawren Harris-Barnett said:

Some photos I took today.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j167/mcan_sic/IMG_0831.jpg?t=1294...

and

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j167/mcan_sic/IMG_0819.jpg?t=1294...

Pardon the tiredness and lack of a haircut. I'll be wearing one of these to Sakura con in Seattle in April. (without the weapons)

Nop

nope, they do not allow any weapon or item that can fire or has previously been able to fire a projectile of any kind. I am holding an airsoft replica there (I held the orange tip below the camera). And will not be taking it due to those rules. I may be making a cardboard pistol or rifle and wearing that. (Though, I don't know how far the walk will be from the hotel to the convention center. So, I don't know if I will have any weapon. Fake or not.)

So, right now, that gun is just for show.
Tome Wilson said:

That's some heavy hardware. Will they let you carry that weapon on site, or is it just for show?

Lawren Harris-Barnett said:

Some photos I took today.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j167/mcan_sic/IMG_0831.jpg?t=1294...

and

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j167/mcan_sic/IMG_0819.jpg?t=1294...

Pardon the tiredness and lack of a haircut. I'll be wearing one of these to Sakura con in Seattle in April. (without the weapons)

This is one of my regular looks. It's my least diesel look, too, and is just more or less retro-ish. I most often either echo 30s style or wear cargo skirts.

My hair isn't that style anymore; I now have my eyebrows neatly plucked and have a black Louise Brooks bob (which is how I wore my hair for most of my adult life until that brief blip where I didn't).

I nearly always wear (usually red, it's my signature color) lipstick, even if I'm otherwise dressed casually. I feel unfinished somehow, otherwise. I almost always wear a skirt and 99% of my wardrobe consists of skirts/dresses. 

During the winter, sometimes people assume I'm seriously religious or something. I've veered toward my Orthodox-reared grandmother's ideas of modesty, though I'm not religious.

Interestingly, I do get plenty of male glances even though I'm probably going to be the most clothed woman in any room.

Very pretty, Dreia. :)

Dreia M said:

This is one of my regular looks. It's my least diesel look, too, and is just more or less retro-ish. I most often either echo 30s style or wear cargo skirts.

My hair isn't that style anymore; I now have my eyebrows neatly plucked and have a black Louise Brooks bob (which is how I wore my hair for most of my adult life until that brief blip where I didn't).

I nearly always wear (usually red, it's my signature color) lipstick, even if I'm otherwise dressed casually. I feel unfinished somehow, otherwise. I almost always wear a skirt and 99% of my wardrobe consists of skirts/dresses. 

During the winter, sometimes people assume I'm seriously religious or something. I've veered toward my Orthodox-reared grandmother's ideas of modesty, though I'm not religious.

Interestingly, I do get plenty of male glances even though I'm probably going to be the most clothed woman in any room.

I'm considering entering a fighting league... people dress in costume (like wrestling personas) and fight with swords (foam, not real, but the fights are real). Might become a TV show. I'm considering dressing swing style, maybe with a mask, and calling myself The Swinger. Anyway if I do I'll get some photos up.

May I recommend something other than "The Swinger" because when I hear that name Swing dance isn't what comes to mind.

"Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more?"

Jonny B. Goode said:

I'm considering entering a fighting league... people dress in costume (like wrestling personas) and fight with swords (foam, not real, but the fights are real). Might become a TV show. I'm considering dressing swing style, maybe with a mask, and calling myself The Swinger. Anyway if I do I'll get some photos up.
Well, it was a bit of a pun, as I'd be swinging a sword, etc... Not my fault if the term's been co-opted since the '40s... I thought of Swing Daddy but that sounded old...

Hi! I'd taken a hiatus from here for a while.  But I haven't stopped sewing.  I recently made a dress from a 40's pattern for a 'retro sew-a-long' and my husband got some AMAZING pictures of it.  Thought I'd share here.  IMAGE OVERLOAD!

Beautiful, Lady Katza!
Great fabric choice.  All you need is a pillbox hat, and you're ready for a night on the town.

You're gorgeous! And that dress looks very comfortable.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service