Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Use this thread to flash us with your own dieselpunk outfits! Let's see what you look like when you step out on the town!

Views: 24700

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Me and my wife at our recent wedding anniversary:

Yeah, husbeast got himself a really nice trenchcoat in one for a few pounds a couple of months back. And it seems to have magical girl-attracting powers; they've been all over him ever since. *Scowls*

Joshua Spencer said:

Nice find, I just picked up a three-piece suit at the local thrift store for $9. Damn I love those places.

You and your lovely wife look great, Deven.

Agrees with Larry ..lookin good both of you.

I'm building this costume. It's not finished yet as you can obviously see, but what do you guys think of my effort thus far?

So I just joined

and scrolled thru all 19 pages of this thread

AHHHHH! Everyone looks so good!

I need some money so I can get myself some dieselpunky clothes...

Here you go - the best of my outfits from this year's Waltz on the Wye. The dress is 1930s repro by Able Grable (a small UK business), shoes are from Hotter and the hat with built-in jewellers loop was a gift.

You can't find a legal ak-47 airsoft? surely, somehow, we could put a clear panel over the gearbox!?!

JerreyRough said:

Here's a WIP of a costume that will have more dieselpunk additions when I figure out what to add to it.

I plan on making a dieselpunk gun from scratch so I can take it to cons, since the AK-47 is an airsoft gun. No orange tip because of Canada's laws; instead the gearbox needs to be clear. Means that almost all airsoft guns are illegal here :(.

That's original WW2 Brodie. I don't know when the parade coat was made but the buttons were made somewhere between 1960-1980; its been repaired once before though, so its been used. Original Canadian C-3 gas mask too, plus its carrying bag (I'll wear that with the costume). I'm still figuring out what more to add to personalize it more and give it a dieselpunk look.

I made an artistic version of one of the pictures I took that day, which is right here.

Very lovely, Mim.

Mim McDonald said:

Here you go - the best of my outfits from this year's Waltz on the Wye. The dress is 1930s repro by Able Grable (a small UK business), shoes are from Hotter and the hat with built-in jewellers loop was a gift.

Men tend to have to buy off the rack with possibly some modifications. But my wife is a very talented at sewing and makes her own dieselpunk dresses. So you have a choice in some styles other than buying them.

J-me said:

So I just joined

and scrolled thru all 19 pages of this thread

AHHHHH! Everyone looks so good!

I need some money so I can get myself some dieselpunky clothes...

AirsoftGI sells canada-legal airsoftguns.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/index.php?cPath=139_442

ATM it does not appear they have any AK-47's. However, you may be able to request them.
T. von Kramer said:

You can't find a legal ak-47 airsoft? surely, somehow, we could put a clear panel over the gearbox!?!

JerreyRough said:

Here's a WIP of a costume that will have more dieselpunk additions when I figure out what to add to it.

I plan on making a dieselpunk gun from scratch so I can take it to cons, since the AK-47 is an airsoft gun. No orange tip because of Canada's laws; instead the gearbox needs to be clear. Means that almost all airsoft guns are illegal here :(.

That's original WW2 Brodie. I don't know when the parade coat was made but the buttons were made somewhere between 1960-1980; its been repaired once before though, so its been used. Original Canadian C-3 gas mask too, plus its carrying bag (I'll wear that with the costume). I'm still figuring out what more to add to personalize it more and give it a dieselpunk look.

I made an artistic version of one of the pictures I took that day, which is right here.

Thanks - here's a slightly less successful one - I don't think it screams 'diesel', although I do like the overall look (it's an outfit I wear to work occasionally)

Dress is modern - last season from Monsoon (a British high street store), jacket was a gift from a friend who'd grown out of it, the shoes are by Hotter (another British store that sells shoes for old ladies and, bizarrely, includes a couple of deco styles in their collection each season). The hat and bag are vintage; the hat is Frederick Fox, £4 in a charity shop, and it's post-1974 as it's got the Royal Warrant in it but I reckon it works as part of a deco look, and the bag is 1950s Riviera. The bag was a splurge, but that brassy half-circle frame... it really lifts an outfit.

Larry said:

Very lovely, Mim.

Mim McDonald said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2020   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service