Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Use this thread to flash us with your own dieselpunk outfits! Let's see what you look like when you step out on the town!

Views: 24587

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Managed to pull this little outfit together for a 30s/40s themed wedding in LA a couple of weeks ago. Sorry for the crappy selfie in the hotel mirror, I haven't seen the official pictures yet.

Looking sharp, Ridley.  I like the shirt/tie combo.

Thanks. If it wasn't so hot, I would have got a waistcoat to go with it...

Very dapper, Ridley.

Ridley - looking good.

Have you fallen for the terminal disease of collecting tie tacks, tie clips, and cufflinks yet?  being a little OCD I have gathered more from Ebay and estate sales than I shall ever own ties and shirts to wear them with.  It is a good time to buy them since most males have forgotten about them.

Just a thought. 

A little synchronicity: after posting this my wife and I stopped in to a little local antique shop at lunch time.  I had teased the owner in the past that I had more cufflinks, tie clips, and tie tacks than she had for sale.  Well you know what can happen when you put a bug in someone's head.  On her last round of buying trips and estate sales she has really stocked up.  Most are $8.00 which is comparable with Ebay so not bad for here and she found one that I couldn't resist:

It is an over engineered triple tie clip with one on the back for the tie tail and then it clips on both sides of the front.  We are supposed to wear maroon ties when we direct fencing tournaments any way.  Generally I prefer tie pins with button leashes but they do slowly tear up nice ties more so than clips.   Just had to show this acquisition off to a group that might appreciate it unlike the typical Alaskan. 

The fellow in the center is wearing the official fencing director's suit: grey slacks, navy blue blazer, maroon tie, pastel shirt, black shoes and socks.  I should be able to DP mine up a bit and still stay within the rules. 

Captain said:

Ridley - looking good.

Have you fallen for the terminal disease of collecting tie tacks, tie clips, and cufflinks yet?  being a little OCD I have gathered more from Ebay and estate sales than I shall ever own ties and shirts to wear them with.  It is a good time to buy them since most males have forgotten about them.

Just a thought. 

While I'm not a collector, I recently found these vintage cufflinks featuring a couple on a tandem bicycle on ebay. My hobby is vintage and custom bikes, so these links appealed to me. It's hard to tell in the pic, but these are LARGE. 

Captain said:

Ridley - looking good.

Just a thought. 

Nice find. 

Deven Science said:

While I'm not a collector (yet), I recently found these vintage cufflinks featuring a couple on a tandem bicycle on ebay. My hobby is vintage and custom bikes, so these links appealed to me. It's hard to tell in the pic, but these are LARGE. 

Check out my lab coat I think it looks good. A mad scientist needs a great lab coat. Soon I will finish my chrome gun Muahahahaha

Attachments:

Dr. Praxis said:

Check out my lab coat I think it looks good. A mad scientist needs a great lab coat. Soon I will finish my chrome gun Muahahahaha

Excellent coat! Did you make that yourself or get it from somewhere? If the latter, where?

I bought it from http://www.gentlemansemporium.com/store/004477.php

really good quality. Right now I'm trying to learn how to make my own also. 

Auto-awesome gif (by google:)) from GUM, Moscow. They have a small and nice classic soviet cars exposition right now.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service