Dieselpunks will not fall!

I need your help. Dieselpunks could be closed by Halloween, but you can keep it alive!

Since launching Dieselpunks in 2009 as a safe haven and inspiration for diesel and steampunk artists, we’ve become one of the largest and most active punk communities in the world. And now, over five years later, we’re going to be forced to close this community unless you can help.

The cost of covering our hosting and music licensing fees for 2014-2015 has exceeded what my paycheck can support. The solution is to raise the funds via Kickstarter.

Click here to learn more > http://kck.st/1pXzoZC

Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Singer sewing machine - 160th Anniversary edition

I didn't discover this until last week, but Singer has made a 160th Anniversary edition. As it was available locally and at a hefty discount, I promptly ordered it.

Looks great, doesn't it?
It's a little plastic-y, but it's easy to thread and sews like a dream. The engine seems quite strong, which is good. Nothing worse than a sewing machine with weak engine...

You can see the specs here

Tags: sewing, singer

Views: 220

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wow.  Dieselpunk style is found in the weirdest places.  Glad to hear they didn't sacrifice power for style.

It definitely looks awesome. I ordered one when they first came out...it was like $500. When I received it I was disappointed cuz it really is a step down from my current machine (which cost less) so I returned it. It really is a beautiful machine. I'm glad other people have found it suitable for their needs as such a beautiful machine deserves to be taken home.

We have two sewing machines, well ok, we've got three at the moment. This one for accuracy and the selection of functions (and for looking good) and my girlfriends Bernina for strength. =)

J-me said:

It definitely looks awesome. I ordered one when they first came out...it was like $500. When I received it I was disappointed cuz it really is a step down from my current machine (which cost less) so I returned it. It really is a beautiful machine. I'm glad other people have found it suitable for their needs as such a beautiful machine deserves to be taken home.

It's so cute. Funny they made the old model like this. I will love to own one like this.

Reminds me of my grandma's 1907 Singer.

Tanja Schrøder said:

It's so cute. Funny they made the old model like this. I will love to own one like this.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Special Thanks

Diesel City
Patti Smith
VNV Nation - Ronan Harris

Comrades in Arms

Dieselpunk Industries
Radio Metronomik dieselpunk podcast
Constitutionens Voktere