Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Last weekend I went for my yearly pilgrimage to Gettysburg.  Since I had a few extra days I visited a couple of train museums in Pennsylvania.  Sadly my camera battery died at Steamtown but I was able to catch a few photos at the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania.  I've posted the pics to my Facebook photos and thought you fine folk might enjoy them.  There are trains from several eras including the steam trains which will still in heavy use during the dieselpunk timeline.

Enjoy!

B

Views: 138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Again, how I wish I was in the US. I love how all of them trains remind me of scenes straight from either western movies or noir criminals like Murder on the Orient Express. Is it the biggest such museum in the country?

And could you tell something more about Steamtown, as - pardon my ignorance! - I seem to lack knowledge of this place/event?

Was that Strasburg?

I don't know if it is the largest in the US but it is the largest I've visited, Bobby.  There were a ton more trains out in the yard, these pics were only the ones that are housed inside a large building.  In my ignorance I thought four hours would have been enough time at the museum.

Steamtown is a National Historic Site dedicated to preserving the steam trains that ran in the Scranton area of Pennsylvania.  It is on the site of the Delaware, Lackawanna & Western Railroad's wheelhouse and workshops.  They are actively restoring steam trains and if you're lucky you can take the tour through the workshop and see the work in progress.  

Bobby C. said:

Again, how I wish I was in the US. I love how all of them trains remind me of scenes straight from either western movies or noir criminals like Murder on the Orient Express. Is it the biggest such museum in the country?

And could you tell something more about Steamtown, as - pardon my ignorance! - I seem to lack knowledge of this place/event?

Yes, Tome.  Those pics are from Strasburg.

Tome Wilson said:

Was that Strasburg?

Cool.  I used to cut through there all the time on my way to school.

I can't believe I've driven near it four years now and this is the first time I stopped.  :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service