Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Here's a rather FUN read! The Automatic Detective by A. Lee Martinez.

A very 30's - 40's Pulp Gumshoe Detective story mixed into a vision of the "Future" right out of the old Pulp Sci-Fi magazines of the same era. I'm not sure if you can call it Retro-Future or Cyber-Diesel, but either way, it is a load of FUN! Martinez does a great job of mixing all the old cliches and lingo, with his rather unique twists of humor, to produce an action packed adventure in the very dark and dirty streets of Empire City. So grab your tail-finned flying car and your fedora, and get ready to match your best against mad scientists, mutants, robots and brainy dames. . . . Yeah, a guy's gotta be darn tough just to stay alive in the world of tomorrow!

Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not entirely sure what to call it either. Future-Noir maybe? But what I am sure of is that it is a very entertaining read. I thoroughly enjoyed it, so thank you for the recommendation. =)

Now THAT is what I love to hear! So glad that you enjoyed it, Boneflower! A. Lee Martinez's other works are equally as entertaining and full of tongue-in-cheek chuckles. But, alas, I've yet to find more that are ~ close ~ to a Dieselpunk theme. sigh! :-)   

Boneflower said:

I'm not entirely sure what to call it either. Future-Noir maybe? But what I am sure of is that it is a very entertaining read. I thoroughly enjoyed it, so thank you for the recommendation. =)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service