Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Kind of a no-brainer. Rocket packs, Zeppelins, Nazis, and Howard Hughes...

Views: 496

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great flick....A real period piece in a world of movies where Hollywood doesn't like doing period pieces.
A good adaptation to the screen.
This is the movie I think of, for sure.
I really loved this movie when it first came out, and it came out back when I was a kid, but omg just a great fun fun movie.
I used to watch that movie all the time when I was a kid because my mom and dad watched it all the time. lol When I first heard of Dieselpunk, and what it's all about, first thing in my head was The Rocketeer. I keep meaning to read the graphic novels, but keep forgetting.

Disney might be considering making a new Rocketeer movie.

http://www.vulture.com/2012/08/disneys-the-rocketeer-being-reloaded...

Yep, I read that, too. I have mixed feelings about that, as I am a big fan of the first one.

Atterton said:

Disney might be considering making a new Rocketeer movie.

http://www.vulture.com/2012/08/disneys-the-rocketeer-being-reloaded...

~* IF *~ they do go ahead with this, I just hope that it is NOT yet another Redo of the original. A Part II, III, IV, &tc would be GREAT! Even if they change the actors, outfit, &tc. = GREAT! No Problem! But just PLEASE no more remakes, of the remakes, of the rem . . . from every comic book fan come director that comes along. I would really hate to see the Rocketeer go through as many rebirths as Batman and that crowd. I would rather see Captain Proton get his own movie series than THAT! . . . hhhmmm, maybe a Captain Proton series wouldn't be all that bad after all! . . . What do you all think???

I'd like to see a decent film of The Shadow - the last one was atrocious. I actually like the corny Doc Savage film, but suspect I'm in the minority there and lots of people would probably like a new one of those too. Both far more in need of a good film version than the Rocketeer, which was fab as it was.

Though ~ I ~ thought that The Shadow was . . . okay (far better than what they did to the Green Hornet or The Phantom!) I fully agree, Mim. There are far more, and better, candidates out there in bad need of a "Redo" than Rocketeer!!!

Mim McDonald said:

I'd like to see a decent film of The Shadow - the last one was atrocious. I actually like the corny Doc Savage film, but suspect I'm in the minority there and lots of people would probably like a new one of those too. Both far more in need of a good film version than the Rocketeer, which was fab as it was.

I´m one of the few people who actually liked the movie version of The Shadow. That might be because I've had little exposure to the character otherwise. A Doc Savage movie could be a good idea though. I would love if they could use the kind of setting they had in Gattaca, placing Doc Savage in a modern day that looks like the 1930s rather than the actual 1930s.

I've gotta wonder . . . even if it ~ looked ~ like the 1930's, would it still be THE "Doc Savage"??? Or would it be just another modern or post-modern Special Ops type team running about dueling the Bad Guys like the so many that are already out there??? Tom Clancy meets the Man Of Bronze???

Atterton said:

I´m one of the few people who actually liked the movie version of The Shadow. That might be because I've had little exposure to the character otherwise. A Doc Savage movie could be a good idea though. I would love if they could use the kind of setting they had in Gattaca, placing Doc Savage in a modern day that looks like the 1930s rather than the actual 1930s.

I'd like to see a reboot, why not? I'm curious to know who Disney is talking to for writing and directing, that movie brings back so many memories. My dad actually made a Rocketeer helmet for me out of a gallon milk jug and a rocket pack out of a couple of 2 liter soda bottles duct taped together, haven't thought about that for years, what a trip! 

Also, anyone else know if Sam Raimi doing a new Shadow movie is still in the works?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2020   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service