Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Thrilling Tales of the Downright Unusual: The Toaster With TWO BRAINS!

Hey, all -  I'm a stranger here, sort of, though for awhile my Webomator blog was syndicated on the home page. So in a way I've extended a pseudopod into dieselpunks.org without even knowing it at first.  That's kind of a rude thing to do with your pseudopods in polite company, I guess.  Well. Oops.

Anyway I've just launched a new project that I'm pretty excited about, and if you can get past that thing with the pseudopod, you might like it too:

Thrilling Tales of the Downright Unusual is a series of (densely) illustrated and (lightly) interactive stories from the retro future that can be read in their entirety at the web site (for free!) or purchased as full color books (not for free!). There are also some free downloads like desktop wallpapers and screen savers and, for the moment, a single diversion in the site's "Derange-O-Lab". That's the Pulp Sci-Fi Title-O-Tron, a random pulp science fiction title generator.

The first Thrilling Tale is "Trapped in the Tower of the Brain Thieves" which is itself the first part of a longer serial called "The Toaster With TWO BRAINS". Yep. That's what it's called, all right. There's a trailer for the project: you can find it on the front page of the Thrilling Tales site. Please do!

Views: 256

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This looks fascinating. And I love the artwork!
Bradley,

Your pseudopods are always welcome here. Thanks for joining! I've been in love with your art style for quite a while now, so I'm glad you finally stopped by.

Don't be a stranger! We would all love to know when the next part of The Toaster With TWO BRAINS is coming out.
You know, after I posted this I was digging through Statcounter and found a link to me in these forums from back in December. Small world.

As far as Part Two goes.... I'll probably be starting on it within the next four weeks, but that still makes it months away. I had a script for Part One in one week but then the art took a good six months after that! I do need to start a regularly updating linear story to help fill the gaps. Still thinking about what that one should be.
Your work really rocks. I'm a big fan.
I've been working on a scene and a couple of new characters for the second series of stories at the site - they'll be non-interactive stories, so I can update them frequently - and that new stuff is a much more steampunk setting. That's because it's something that's older than most of what you see in Retropolis.

If you like, you can see a preview of the Clockwork Book at my blog.

And here, after quite awhile, I can give you an update.  Alongside Part Two of The Toaster With TWO BRAINS I started a non-interactive serial called The Lair of the Clockwork Book.  That story's been updating twice a week for over a year now, and it'll conclude in April.  This is the Kickstarter trailer I put together for a fund raising drive that aims to finance a limited hardcover edition of the serial.  That's here:  http://kck.st/zckrlA

What I didn't anticipate was that a serial story would completely dominate my schedule!  So The Riddle of the Wrong Brain (Part Two of TTWTB) is way behind, even as the serial is about to wrap up.  Go figure!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service