Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

I need some advice on a dieselpunk uniform I'm trying to make. I figured if anyone would know the answer, it would be my brothers and sisters here.

I want to use Claude Rains Capt Louise Renault white uniform from Casablanca as a base to work from. However, there's a component that it has that I've seen on other uniforms before but I don't know what it's called. It's the strap that connects to the belt and goes over the right shoulder. I've included a screen shot of Rains here.

Can anyone provide me with the name? Also, do you know a good online retailer who might carry one for me to purchase?

Tags: Casablanca, uniforms

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's called a Sam Browne belt.  I've seen them around online, but none seemed reasonable in price.  A few of our members make them by hand. Maybe they can hook you up.

Thank you so much, Tome! After post I saw what you meant by price. However, it looks easy enough to make. I'm going to try my hand at it.

There's one for sale at the Marine Store in Quantico, VA, so perhaps try a military uniform shop or surplus store near you.  That said, Tome's right; you can probably find a talented leatherworker to whip you up a custom for far cheaper.

Larry going military...never thought I'd see the day!  Looking forward to the pics when they arrive!

Here's a site that has something very similar. Haven't ordered anything yet, but fixin' to very soon. I'll let you know how it goes.

http://www.soviet-power.com/product.php?cat=65&PHPSESSID=11e242...

Thanks, Oscar. However, I've already made my own Sam Brown Belt by buying some inexpensive belts from a thrift store and then using my leather working tools.

My wonderful wife is sewing my jacket together. I hope to have it ready for next weekend when I go to All-Con.

Oscar Otterson said:

Here's a site that has something very similar. Haven't ordered anything yet, but fixin' to very soon. I'll let you know how it goes.

http://www.soviet-power.com/product.php?cat=65&PHPSESSID=11e242...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Special Thanks

Diesel City
Patti Smith
VNV Nation - Ronan Harris

Comrades in Arms

Dieselpunk Industries
Radio Metronomik dieselpunk podcast
Constitutionens Voktere