Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Some pictures from "Decadence Party", which took place on Nov 22nd, 2009 at Club Marseille in Moscow, Russia. Performances included some Moulin Rouge-styled show items and sort of fashion show, demonstrating original (i.e., not copies, but 80-something years old things) women's underwear from 1920s.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dyor/sets/72157622936707234/detail/

These pictures are partially pre-arranged, partially taken a reportage way, you can guess that in each case, I suppose.

Comments are much appreciated, both here and on flickr.

Views: 1131

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The photography is excellent. Great angles, fantastic lighting. Even the clothing looked amazing.

Most of my vintage clothing is military, so I expect it to last a lot longer than normal. The condition of the outfits in the photographs looks really good considering their age.
The clothing is the main point here, I guess... and make-up... Lighting is mostly original, flash used delicately just to save some exposure stops (my camera is excellent, but not latest, so I can't give up flash in lighting conditions like that. But generally, I just pressed the button, really... and did some post-processing, digital requires that, anyway. I'm just a photographer :)
You are too modest. A photographer is a storyteller. And you, my good man, had a story to tell that night.

*thumbs up*

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service