Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Am currently in pre-production for a series of short dieselpunk films set in 1943 - the Great War has raged for 29 years.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=155504797801886&v=info&am...
If you're interested, come and join the group for it and see it come to life (along with more shots from the photoshoot)

Hopefully it'll be right up your alley!

Views: 716

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have S10 respirators for Command ranks and Finnish respirators for the enlisted, they'll be coloured slightly differently for the video shoot however.

The shoulder tabs are Civil Defence insignias, CD grew out of the WW2 Home guard. They were technically a volunteer organisation tagged onto the military like the Royal Observer Corps and I'm using their insignias as I didn't want to use any "proper" army unit markings.

I'll be looking forward to seeing that film.

I learned to keep my finger off the trigger in a combination of knowing I would be yelled at while playing airsoft and accidentally shooting myself in the arm with an airsoft pistol.
Richard Roberts said:

It's very hard to get non-soldiers to keep their fingers off triggers. I tried beating them without results.

The weapon replicas (the Sten mk5, Browning hi-power and Webley .38) are borrowed from a WW2 re-enactment group, the rifles are original WW2 training rifles that have been butchered and modified - they were bought from a local militaria place in Cardiff. The uniforms are mostly WW2 originals with some modifications, mostly bought on Ebay. The webbing is based on the 1870 Slade Wallis pattern, but has been made from scratch.

Eventually will be made into a short film, once everyone is fit and healthy again - we have a snapped achilled tendon, back problems and flu plagueing the crew at the moment.

Lawren Harris-Barnett said:

:o I checked out the facebook page of this for the first time. Wow, it looks really great.

Is this going to be a movie? Where are your replicas from?

(I noticed in some of the shots that people not appearing to be shooting held their fingers on their triggers. Its a no-no!)

Sweet!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service