Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

Found on the bargain rack at my local art supply store

Views: 169

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've accepted that Steampunk is now a mainstream phenomenon since I first saw Steampunk Mickey.  The Million Pounds Sterling question is whether it's becoming another accepted long-run part of the Speculative Fiction arena (like Science Fiction, Fantasy, Cyberpunk, and Alternate History) or if it's a passing fad bound to be "that thing everyone was all into back in the twen-teens".

Hello, Sturgeon's Law!  So nice to see you again!

While with the wife at Micheal's crafts store found a whole slew of "Steampunk" what-nots jewelry supply items from at least four different manufacturers. ALL on close out sale. . . . Yeah, could be the end of trend.

There was something like that in the craft store closest to my house but the reason nobody was buying anything is because most likely, they didn't even know what steampunk was. We have few big subcultures in New Zealand and while they exist, it's as if everybody is hiding.

Dan G. said:

While with the wife at Micheal's crafts store found a whole slew of "Steampunk" what-nots jewelry supply items from at least four different manufacturers. ALL on close out sale. . . . Yeah, could be the end of trend.

I was looking at craft books recently, for a gift. One was for jewelry design and featured 5 chapters or so, one of which was steampunk jewelry. Considering you can get steampunk halloween costumes, I can't see how people can claim it's not mainstream.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service