Dieselpunks

Dieselpunk + Steampunk Culture

This build was a little more straight forward than some of my others. I took a perfectly good post war Murray built J.C. Higgins frame with a tank, cut it up, and stretched it. Ultimately, I used every part of the frame except the seat tube. I then added some tubing to lengthen it, drop it down a little bit, and add some mean lines to it.

I finished the build with vintage parts that I have collected over the last year. A beehive style springer fork, a seat that I built, a pre-war heavy duty (possibly military) wheelset, and then many, many little touches.

I'm really happy with this one. Plus, you don't see too many stretched skiptooth bike chains out there, though not many will notice that.

Views: 238

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Exceptional job! What an ecletic piece of hardware. I LOVE IT. 

Would you mind educating us on a few points?  

What does the small red tag at the back wheel mean?

Why the Raccoon tail?

Any significance to the red tires?

Trying to understand your creative process / influences for the build. 

Great piece of work. 

- Joe

Sure, the red tag is a bike license tag for Maui County. I picked it up on a recent trip to the island, and just thought it would be a cool touch.

As to the raccoon tail, in the 50s and 60s, they found themselves on boy's bikes all over America. I think this was predominantly because of Davy Crockett.

The "Grand Tycoon" tires are reproductions of the old clay tires from the 20s. Those were common on bicycles and motorcycles.

Thanks for the compliments, and for the questions.

Joseph A. Burick said:

Exceptional job! What an ecletic piece of hardware. I LOVE IT. 

Would you mind educating us on a few points?  

What does the small red tag at the back wheel mean?

Why the Raccoon tail?

Any significance to the red tires?

Trying to understand your creative process / influences for the build. 

Great piece of work. 

- Joe

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Stay in touch

FacebookTwitterRSS

Allied Powers

Diesel powered dieselpunk podcast
Dieselpunk Industries
Seance Media by Tome Wilson
Vnv Nation

© 2019   Created by Tome Wilson.   Powered by